[Service] Game Trailers by Cowabunga Industries!

Short Version:

Need an awesome trailer to show off your game? Say hi to Cowabunga Industries!

Long Version:

@MattMac and I are super excited to share the news of our latest business venture, Cowabunga Industires! This is a spin off to our existing creative studio, Cool Your Jets. We've created Cowabunga Industries as an entity purely dedicated to creating bodacious content for game developers, primarily focused on making killer game trailers.

Since becoming involved in the South African game development community in 2014, Matt and I have had the great pleasure of working with different community members on various projects. We thoroughly enjoyed these collaborations, and, identifying a deficit in people making quality trailers locally and abroad, decided to start up the new studio to help full that gap, and satisfy our own burning desire to make more and more awesome videos for games.

Our debut outing under the Cowabunga Industries banner as a recent public service announcement, designed to encourage international devs to visit us and work on their games in Cape Town. I'll do a separate post to share this spot. Prior to this infomercial, we created various game related videos as Cool Your Jets, which you can check out on out website. Our deepest thanks to Made With Monster Love, QCF Design, Free Lives and Clockwork Acorn for all believing in us, and helping us get to the point where we can make a dream like Cowabunga Industries a reality.

We're currently completing trailers for clients in Germany and Denmark. We'd obviously love to be working some South African creatives in the near future. If you need an eyeball-melting, mind-bending trailer for your game, drop us a mail through info at cowabungaindustries dot com!

We're incredibly excited be setting off on this journey and look forward to working with as many different game makers as possible!

COWABUNGA!

Comments

• Hey everyone!

I'm dropping by with a bit of an update from Cowabunga Industries! Today I'd like to share our latest trailer; one created for our friends at Glitchnap, and their game Try Harder.

Designed to celebrate the launch of the game on Windows, Mac OS X and Android, we had a lot of fun putting together this high energy spot. We're very proud of the end result.

In other Cowabunga news; we've set up a twitter. Follow us here!
  • edited
    We're back!

We're super stoked to be sharing our latest trailer - here's Lichtspeer!

We absolutely loved working with Lichthund on this piece. Their direction for the trailer, and the game itself really resonated with @MattMac and I. We had a blast bringing their vision of a lost VHS cassette from the future to life. We're mega-happy with how the final trailer came together. It's been really great to see how positive the response to the trailer has been, on twitter, youtube and the playstation blog.

In other Cowabunga news, we've set up a facebook page. Follow us here!
  • In an effort to be less crap with social media things, we've recently set up a facebook page. Like us on there, or follow us on twitter for some sporadic updates of our adventures making things for games.

Thanked by 2Squidcor pieter
  • what a sausage fest - Lichtspeer trailer was very gud ja - you have my german seal of approval.
  • Thanks @Mexicanoppiumdog! See you at A MAZE right?
    Thanked by 1Mexicanopiumdog
  • @BenJets Well done I really like your trailers! Seems like they all fit the specific game perfectly!
    Haha I know what it is like to be crap at social media!
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • Thanks @karl182 - good to hear! More on the way soon; hope you like them too!

And social media right?! Really not something I like being forced to do, but it seems like there's no way around it these days.
  • Yo gang!

We've got a few really exciting projects in the works over at Cowabunga Industries HQ. I'm itching to be able to share them with the community, but while we wait to wrap things up, I figured I'd share a few of our older projects over the next while. I'll be sharing these projects for posterity; collecting everything we've done so far. As some of these projects were made to support South African games and studios, wherever possible, I'll be sure to link back to the original MGSA thread for each project.

To kick things off, I'll share the first game-related project we worked on (then under our main animation studio, Cool Your Jets). In January 2015 we were approached by Made With Monster Love to assist on putting together a Kickstarter video for their musical puzzle game Cadence. At this point, the idea of Cowabunga Industries hadn't even been born yet, but we were super happy to get an opportunity to combine our animation and video skills with our passion for indie game dev. What's more, it was a total bonus getting to work with our friends, and help support fellow South African developers.

The MWML team had a clear vision of what they wanted to get across in the trailer. Not needing to worry about what was being said specifically bought us a lot of time to just focus on getting the video looking and sounding great. A personal highlight for me was getting to use Unity to play around inside the beautiful world of Cadence, getting to integrate titles into the game world itself, and animating a bunch of cool examples of the game in action.

I'm still super proud of how this turned out, and look back on this project as an awesome first step in us setting off on our Cowabunga Industries adventure!