[Physical Game] The Silent Leading the Blind

edited in Projects
The Silent Leading the Blind is a cooperative, team-based, puzzle, obstacle course game. A player who cannot speak must guide a blind-folded player through an obstacle course/maze made up of other players by touching the obstacle players who shout out commands to the blind-folded player to follow. The best part of the game is watching the blind-folded player become disorientated and wander around aimlessly while the silent player puzzles out which obstacle player speaks which command.

Attached are the rules of the game (The Silent Leading the Blind.pdf)!

Please share your experiences if you've played!
pdf
pdf
The Silent Leading the Blind.pdf

Comments

• I still think "Bureaucracy" captures the sprit of the game perfectly :P
    Thanked by 2hanli Bensonance
  • @Tuism, it should be "Parking lot Bereaucracy" ! :D
    Thanked by 2Tuism Bensonance
  • How do you decide on the commands players shout, cards?
  • @dislekcia, there's a list of commands and the obstacle players choose among themselves out of earshot of the silent player.

There's a rule that you have to have 1 movement command and 1 turning command (you'll see when I post the rules) but the most fun amongst experienced players is to limit the silent player's choices making him think about who to navigate. A good example was when we had 4 obstacle players and their commands were: Right, Right, Right and Backwards. The obstacle player with the Backwards command also stood a bit away from the other players so the silent player had to run back and forth to issue commands while the blind-folded player kept moving. This is the puzzle part of the game, where the silent player has to work with the commands he's been given.
    Thanked by 1CandyflossKid
  • @Tuism I feel while Bureaucracy might be good enough for a boardgame or digital game; a physical game should be descriptive of the core mechanic (Football, Basketball, Leap Frog, Tag, Hopscotch) [I realise this isn't true for all games e.g. Rugby, Tennis, etc] and The Silent Leading the Blind indicates what's happening in my game (a silent person is guiding a blind person through an obstacle course).
  • Here's some photos I grabbed from the two playtests :).

IMG_0238.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    IMG_0179.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
  • Heyyyy, just saw this game, it feels like it bears some resemblence to TSLTB :)

http://appadvice.com/review/race-with-others-to-form-the-right-pattern-in-indie-pixel/

You are given a pixel pattern that you must form with other players, but you don't get to talk to each other. It looks like fun :)

• I've been struggling to force myself to work today. Instead I've finally written up the rules for the game which are available on the first post.
  • edited
    Minor update uploaded on the first post.

Some clarifications on rules and more variants.

I'm hoping to work on some images before AMAZE so that it's more stylish.