Demo Reel

Hi all!

I have uploaded a demo video on my YouTube channel where I demonstrate taking a simple melody and placing it through different variations to fit different themes. I believe this is a valueble ability that is often applied to both film and game. Feel free to share your thoughts and/or criticism!

Comments

• This is a cool experiment. felt you left the best for last. forrest was best. farm was weak. Hope some of the more experienced sound guys and studios give feedback on this.
    Thanked by 1The_Sired_Ward
  • FanieG said:
    This is a cool experiment. felt you left the best for last. forrest was best. farm was weak. Hope some of the more experienced sound guys and studios give feedback on this.
    Thank you for the feedback! The order of the clips is actually in the order that I made them - I started with 'the farm' and made my way towards 'the forrest' - so, taking your feedback into account, I improved during the making of this reel haha. However, that being said, midway through composing, I accumulated more sound libraries and for 'the forest' I tried a new technique of composing which I found really helped.
  • I only have one critique:

The bridge of your hand is not strong, and as such you fall on your thumb (and flatly at that!) There is tension between the thumb and second finger which is indicative of either poor technique or weak muscles. Practise makes perfect!
  • PS89 said:
    I only have one critique:

The bridge of your hand is not strong, and as such you fall on your thumb (and flatly at that!) There is tension between the thumb and second finger which is indicative of either poor technique or weak muscles. Practise makes perfect!
    Thank you for watching and taking the time to comment! I admit, I am a pretty lousy / average pianist haha that is why there is only a few seconds of me actually playing to show the keys of the melody and definitely not to show my level of playing piano :)

• I admit, I am a pretty lousy / average pianist)
    Time for Hanon/Pishna/Czerny!