Grunt 1914

edited in Projects
Introduction

I've decided to finally create a forum post for my game Grunt1914. I've been holding off for months because I dont feel like the game is quite ready for social media yet but I think I need to start putting it out there. We have been working on this game for about a year and a half now.

Grunt1914 is a World War 1 themed multiplayer game set in various stages across the war torn world. It is based on the conflicts between the Allies and the Central Powers.

You play as a foot-soldier fighting on a variety of maps from around the world at the time. You can play as an American, British, German or Ottoman soldier. You may use any weapon as any soldier meaning the weapons are not locked to their own countries soldiers. Weapons are customizable in that you may add attachments to them in the load-out.

Gameplay and content wise the experience will be somewhere between hardcore and casual. The game will be rather realistic but it wont be a "simulator".

The game will have alternating weather and time of day for each round, which the match host can select. If you want to play in the snow at night time, that's up to you. If you want to play in the rain at daytime, you can. These factors will have an impact on game-play.

Content in the game

Maps(Finished)

Convoy

The map is themed as a fueling and repairing location for war trains and vehicles in an undisclosed location in the North of America. The map features lots of cover in that it is littered with inactive or broken vehicles and trains. The map contains many vantage points and naturally thick vegetated areas.

The map will feature sunny, snowy and rainy conditions for both daytime and night time.

imageimageimage

District

The map is themed as a small untouched village in an undisclosed location in the West of Germany. The map features lots of cover in that it features many enter-able buildings, walls, and structures. The map has an outlay designed for close quarters combat but also features rooftops for longer ranged weaponry.

The map will feature sunny, rainy and snowy conditions for both daytime and night time.

imageimageimage

Turmoil

The map is themed as a war-torn homestead in an undisclosed location in the East of Germany. The map features lots of cover in the shape of terrain deformation due to bombings, encampments, hilltop bunkers, bombed houses and naturally thick vegetated areas.

The map will feature sunny, snowy and rainy conditions for both daytime and night time.

imageimageimage

Solitude

The map is themed as a royal cemetery in an undisclosed location in the North of Egypt. The map is very tight in terms of space and will require quick thinking to excel in. The map features lots of cover in the shape of graves, tombs, and tight angles. The map has many hidden spots so keep an eye on those pesky campers!

The map will feature only clear conditions for both daytime and night time.

imageimageimage

Dugout

The map is themed as a war-torn battlefield with debris scattered about in an undisclosed location in North-Eastern France.
The map features countless war-torn burnt trees, logs and bushes that make for good cover. There are also underground dugouts containing ammunition and supplies for the battles that are held there. Among these there are also makeshift buildings such as bunkers.

The map will feature sunny, rainy and snowy conditions for both daytime and night time.

imageimageimage

Maps(Unfinished)

Passage

Weapons

The weapon list is a work in progress and will continually be updated.

Rifles

- Lee Enfield Mk I
- Mauser K98
- Mauser M1916

Semi-Automatics

- MP40
- Sten MK5
- Thompson M1928A1

Automatics

- M1918 Browning
- MG 15

Shotguns

- Remington M10

Pistols

- Colt 1917
- Luger P08

Concept Art

Here is some of the concept art that has been completed for Grunt1914.

Turmoil

Convoy

District

Dugout

The game is continually being worked on and I will keep updating as progress is made.

Follow the game

https://facebook.com/Grunt1914/

Twitter and a website for the game will be online soon. There will also be a fundraiser at a later stage.
District Concept Art Labeled.png
3300 x 1553 - 11M
Turmoil Concept Art Labeled.png
3300 x 1553 - 9M
Convoy Concept Art Labeled.png
3300 x 1553 - 8M
Convoy Screenshot 1.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Convoy Screenshot 2.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Convoy Screenshot 5.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Solitude Screenshot 2.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Turmoil Screenshot 1.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Turmoil Screenshot 4.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
District Screenshot 2.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Turmoil Screenshot 5.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Solitude Screenshot 6.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Solitude Screenshot 1.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
District Screenshot 7.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
District Screenshot 1.png
1920 x 900 - 4M
Dugout Screenshot 1.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Dugout Screenshot 2.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Dugout Screenshot 6.png
1920 x 900 - 3M
Dugout Concept Art Labeled.png
3300 x 1553 - 9M
Thanked by 2critic Jurgen

Comments

• edited
    Pictures are pretty :)

Is there any gameplay to see? A prototype to play? Something that shows off the day/night/weather system? The fact is that I really can't tell you anything that might be of any help based on some words.
  • We are pretty good at giving critique in this community, some can even give experience based advice, more so than absorbing advertising. You should consider dropping a demo here for feedback before the gameplay features are set in stone. Otherwise , what you presented looks good.
  • Tuism said:
    Pictures are pretty :)

Is there any gameplay to see? A prototype to play? Something that shows off the day/night/weather system? The fact is that I really can't tell you anything that might be of any help based on some words.
    critic said:
    We are pretty good at giving critique in this community, some can even give experience based advice, more so than absorbing advertising. You should consider dropping a demo here for feedback before the gameplay features are set in stone. Otherwise , what you presented looks good.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I had to leave before I had a chance to finish the post so I couldn't upload pictures. Ill do it now.

In the coming months I will release the details about the testing phase of development and everyone can try it out.
    Thanked by 1critic
  • I have updated the art and information on the post.