Gamescom 2017

Hi All,

After the very successful trade mission to Game Connection Paris last year we are starting to prepare for our next trade mission to Gamescom in Cologne!

If you would be interested in coming on the trade mission please see the details here: http://www.iesa.org.za/2017/01/30/gamescom-2017-call-for-applications/

Comments

• Awesome!

Could you tell us a bit more about what this trip entails? Is this just for airflight and entrance fee... Or is there any IESA showcase space at the convention?
  • The plan is to have an IESA booth/meeting space in the business area with the other national associations. There will be 1 or 2 private meeting rooms and then an open space with chairs and tables for the delegates to have more open meetings
  • This is pretty cool!! I'm new to gaming and wrote my first game, but to expect me to buy membership for R10000, and then on top of that R5000 application fee.... wow that is way out of my league considering I am a one-man-show with no real income while trying to build my own game. Guess I'll wait for next year... Hopefully by then I have made a few million 8-)
    Thanked by 1Onisuke
  • @LexAquillia Do you know when the results for the applications will come back?
  • If history is anything to go by, it'll be anything from a week before the event to a week after, haha
    Thanked by 1Mexicanopiumdog
  • @Mexicanopiumdog I am pleasantly surprised at how responsive the DTI has been this time round. I'm hoping for an answer by the end of the month.
  • All aboard the Gamescom Train! Choooo choooooooo!
    Thanked by 1Tuism
  • So who is going?
  • *hand up*
  • One of us at Nyamakop will definitely be there, and both of us might be there too even (not trade mission related though).
  • edited
    Awesome! Made sure to sign us up as well. Hope we can go, we've never been to any expos or events before, we just dont have the cash and would like the opportunity to meet with other folks in the industry so that we can learn and grow.

Apologies, Im not sure if the submissions are still open as the form allowed me to enter. Are the results already determined? Are there any spots left, we would really like to go.
  • @SkobbejakGames Yeah the results have been decided already, unfortunately.

Don't think @LexAquillia can squeeze in anyone else.
    Thanked by 1SkobbejakGames
  • edited
    Ah that sucks. Ah well theres always next year and hopefully we can exhibit at AMAZE, we really need to get into an expo to get in touch with other folks in the industry, its become super hard to do it all alone lately and I realize its only gonna get even more difficult with the amount of games that are being made.