Team Lazerbeam's "Dress To Express Dancing Success"!

edited in Projects
Download "Dress To Express Dancing Success"!

"Dress To Express Dancing Success" is an awkward dating simulator about trying to fit in.

Take on the role of a nameless fashion-enthusiast, as they embark on a journey of romance and shame! Journey into the heart of the coolest club in town; Dress To Express Dancing Success. Grab a drink at the bar! Chat to your club crush! Shake your hips! Just don't do anything uncool!

Dress To Express Dancing Success makes use of Team Lazerbeam's unique D.O.R.K. (Dance Orbit Rotate Kinetics) dance move generator! Use DORK to choreograph your own symphony of dance form a pool of 9000 potential moves! Will you blow the dancefloor away with moves like the "Meat Tornado", "Tasty Pantaloons" and "Golden Grandpa"? Or clear the floor with embarrassing attempts like the "Fat Free Sailor", "Sloppy Macaroni" and "Crappy Package"? Only you can find out!

Key Features:
Revolutionary Dancing Mechanics with the D.O.R.K system!
Fire up your own unique disco inferno with more than 1936 potential moves!
More than 1 potential date to woo or disgust!
A fresh dose of that interactive Lazerbeam magic you know and love!

"Dress To Express Dancing Success" was born at SA Game Jam 2016, under the theme "Express Yourself". The results were so ridiculous that we decided to pursue the game further.

Team Lazerbeam will return in 2017 with "Dance Your Heart Out Of Your Rib Cage"!

Comments

• So there is a certain indie spirit that I always feel you guys capture which is just awe inspiring.
    Thanked by 1BenJets
  • Team Lazerbeam strikes again !!!
    Thanked by 2MattMac BenJets
  • We have a release date! After 3 extra weeks of working on this game, we're finally happy to unleash this beast! I'm happy to announce that next week Monday (1 Aug 2016) Dress To Express Dancing Success will be available via our itch!

• And we have a promo video!

Thanked by 1Elyaradine
  • Saw this, this morning and immediately thought of Team Lazerbeam

Thanked by 1BenJets
  • OMG Fengol! This is totally like our game brought to life!

We'll have to contact them about making a "The Band of The Bold" game for them!
  • Looks funny, and entertaining.
  • And the game is finally live! Download it here! Thanks everyone for your patience!

• edited
    The game's been out for a week now. In that time we've 16 lovely let's plays have shown up on Youtube. I'm planning a blog post about how much they mean to us, but in the meantime, here's the list so far:

Thanked by 1dammit
  • edited
    Hey everyone! Three weeks in, and this silly little game has gone a lot further than we ever expected. The above playlist now features 27 videos, and there are more playthroughs out there waiting to be added to the list when I get a chance. It's been great to see how it's resonated with people!

Today, I'm checking in to share the most exciting bit of DTEDS news so far; the game was recently featured in an article on Killscreen! Read it here!

And in a final bit of DTEDS news; this past weekend we released a video of the three of us, working on the game over a little creative retreat that we recently took.

Thanked by 1francoisvn