[SA Game Jam 2016] Hobo in Pretoria

KaiKai
edited in Online Competitions & Jams
- SA Game Jam 2016
- Project name: Hobo in Pretoria
- Level of experience: Hobbyist
- 48hr entry

Your wife kicked you out and you have to survive as a hobo on the streets of Pretoria.

Build - https://kaidev.itch.io/hobo-in-pretoria

Untitled-1.png
1366 x 768 - 177K
Thanked by 2Kree8 Psyinx

Comments

• You have dollars in Pretoria? :D
  • You have dollars in Pretoria? :D
    Only in the lani sectionZ ;)
  • Out on the street, now what? so I walk around for a bit. I left click here or right click there, ummm nothing works. I see trash, I see pigs, places and people. I walk left and right. Ahhhh after careful test, Q and E are my saviors. I dive for the nearest dumpster, its the usual fruit, chips, beer and cocaine. I take the fruit, hey Im watching my figure. Now here is the brilliant part all I have to do is stand here with a sign board which I cant even see what it says but who really pays attention to this shit, it could be a banksy for all we know but I need to time this, I see the pigs pay well and I got 6 dollars from the old lady!!! Dollars!!!??!! I try the calculations in my head, im paying just over R150 for weed and about R1018.95 for cocaine, shit! Seriously!! Need to rest...

Some days I just chase after the people and doing my thing, some days I dumpster dive, lately its getting tough to eat healthy, ahhh what the hell.

The day has come!!!! I have 50 dollars!!! It was raw, it was brief, thank goodness it was censored!

Loved your game! I'll buy any game you make. Fascinating social commentary.

all the best!
  • KaiKai
    edited
    @Kree8 so glad you liked our game. Your story really got us in the end. Sorry but wee did not have time to make a tutorial for the game...btw the sign says "Coke and Pepsi are the same thing" and we totally forgot the dollar to rand ratio.
    Thanked by 1Kree8