[SA Game Jam 2016] Express Yourself Deliciously

edited in Online Competitions & Jams
- Express Yourself Deliciously
- Hobbyist
- 72hr entry
- Team: Fengol

Cook your favourite meals and enter the various challenges.

Play online via itch.io

Changelog:
  • Drag the pan around by the handle
  • Click the dials to change the heat settings of the elements
  • Add onions to the kitchen
  • Drag ingredient into pan. Drag around pan with ingredients in them. Remove ingredient from pan
  • Better dragging system
  • Element heat indicator next to dials
  • Sounds when dropping ingredients and clicking on dials
  • Added carrots and peppers
  • Added a pot
  • Pots and pans absorb heat from the elements
  • Ingredients cook and can change colour
  • Add sizzle sounds!
Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood

Comments

• Day 1 stream

• I like how the heat elements slowly changed colour, it was a pleasant surprise for me for some reason. I think that the pan itself should also slowly change colour depending on the temperature it's at because it obscures the heating element behind it. It might also be a good idea to map the dials to buttons and keep the pan permanently bound to the mouse depending on how the game will eventually work.
    Thanked by 2Fengol CandyflossKid
  • There's a bit of a big trying to remove the ingredient from the pan. I think it's detecting the wrong trigger on mouse click.

I'll look into it once ingredients can be cooked and dished.
  • Maybe making the dials turn with a mouse drag as well could be nice? I tried to do that by instinct. :P
    Of course, you would probably have to measure the turn of the dial or snap it to the nearest notch. Adding small lines for the various degrees could also help the degree setting feel a bit more intuitive.
  • I was hoping coming to The DIZ would help me focus but I had too much funny chatting to the good people here about coding and game dev.

I've got an update which better dragging of ingredients (still only onions) and now an oil bottle so you can put oil in the pan.

I've added some indicators to so which dials operates which element heater and some sounds.
    Thanked by 1SUGBOERIE
  • BREAKTHROUGH! You can actually cook something now. Playable update coming soon.
  • edited

Added some sounds to enhance the cooking experience.