Windows build
Mac build (untested)
All the patches in a single zip file.
I recommend playing the game windowed.

Team Member:
- Stray_Train

This game is quite badly made :/
But it's not unsalvageable!
I'll be updating this post with patches as I fix Unity. You can apply the patches in game.

Fixed weird bug where players would possess inanimate objects
Sped up camera follow (it was previously following you with a speed of -0 :/
Sometimes platforms JUST DON'T WORK. Silly Unity. This should fix it I think.
Some of the levels were too hard so I made a camera zoom fix.

EDIT:
There's now a console window that you can type into if loading patch files gets too much:
Press , (comma) to bring it up.
It has (a badly functioning) auto complete, press tab to auto complete the current word. It's case insensitive.
Press enter to apply the command.

The current commands are:
FIX_SWAPPED_CHARACTERS
CAMERA_FOLLOW_TOGGLE
PLATFORM_FIX
ZOOM_CAMERA

FrameCapture.gif
512 x 282 - 398K
Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood

Comments

• This is brilliant! looking forward to more patches. I love how this game very simply puts a new twist to platforming and has a fix as you play. add more patch puzzles so the player has to make the correct fixes to pass level but you probably got more creative tricks hidden in that ninja suit.

all the best!
  • Thank you :D

Did you think loading the patches from actual files was too cumbersome? Would it be better if they were just included in game and you could toggle them on and off?

My idea is that you can eventually retroactively apply patches (so you apply patch 4 and then patch 1 to get a desired effect for example)
    Thanked by 1CandyflossKid
  • Did you do the art for the ninja? Reminds me of Tiny Towers
  • Nope! I can't art to save my life. The ninja comes with this awesome library.
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • Thank you :D

Did you think loading the patches from actual files was too cumbersome? Would it be better if they were just included in game and you could toggle them on and off?
    I like the fact that you gotta work for it. I think the loading patches gives it a... but as I think about it, im trying to imagine loading a patch many times and I may get bored of it after awhile.

I think your second option is a better move.

• Good stuff, I like that patches ARE the game!

My idea is that you can eventually retroactively apply patches (so you apply patch 4 and then patch 1 to get a desired effect for example)
    I quite enjoyed having to actually look for the patch. It was in my Downloads folder and I had to try to remember how to get there! This could encourage people to save the patches in an easily accessible place in future.
    Other than that, maybe make a fake browser tab with patches to choose from and "download" (so already included, but still feels like an active download).

The combination of patches could be good, considering some game mods clash and one has to figure out what to apply. That's where you could let players enable/disable the patches they have already got, but still "download" any new ones.
  • This is a really novel premise for a game, and it has the opportunity for interesting interactions if only some of the patches are applied. But I really think you should make it easier to load and unload patches for the user. Just something simple like tick boxes to apply patches.

Having to download each file individually, save them, and then applying them ingame is a bit of a chore. A big help would be if the patches were included as part of the initial build, or have the patches in a single .zip file.
    Thanked by 1Kobusvdwalt9
  • edited
    I added the tick boxes but it felt really dissonant with what I imagined the game experience to be like. What I'm thinking of doing is instead of adding a list of buttons I'll add a little "console" window that you can type into (with auto complete if I can manage it) to keep it more in theme with the game. I've also made the load file dialog remember the last place you opened a patch and added a save button so that you can keep a specific combination of patches handy in a single file instead of having to load patches multiple times. And now I have to design levels :/ A lot on the todo list today, lets gooooooooooo.
  • I had a bit too much fun with the console window :P
    I've updated the first post with instructions.

Capture2.gif
    450 x 253 - 559K
    Thanked by 2Fengol EvanGreenwood