- Hobbyist
- 72hr Entry

Team Name- Larkison Labs

Members-
Joe Freer- Artist, guy who picked which default rpg maker audio to use
Kacey Freer- Programmer, Dialogue
--- Audio by rpgmaker, some Yanfly Engine Plug-ins were used---

BETA IS HERE!
V0.2-Windows- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HCGA2i8vmQNzZiSmxST3NBcUU/view?usp=sharing (8:24pm, July 11th)
^ Minor fixes, oh also changed time limit from 3:30 minutes to 4:30 if you're struggling to get the most out of your day! :P
0.1-Windows- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HCGA2i8vmQU3JrNGVMRHhfMlU/view?usp=sharing
^ Download Link (Uploaded at 6:34, July 11th)

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, spelling errors (because we know there's plenty of both and we don't want to miss fixing any!) and feel free to give any feedback and critique about it, or even tell us how your day went! :D

Controls-
Arrow Keys- Move
LShift- Run
Z- Select/interact
X- Cancel/Menu

Premise-
In Day Off, you create a little character and then given 4 and a half minutes of time to kill (3 and a half in the older download if you like a challenge) before the day ends and you've got to go back to sleep. How do you spend that time you ask? However you like! Check your email! Look at a dog! Help some little girl cheat her way through hide and seek! Be really crappy to EVERYBODY! Only the truly skilled can get it all done in one day! For the rest of you, you may find the world changing depending on the way you act and treat other people in this game, choosing which little missions to complete and how to complete them gives you a little bit of a different ending. Perhaps there's no 'end all' consequences, but every new day is as important as the last in the name of making memories!

Carpe Diem, people!

We here at Larkison Labs have only one question on our minds right now;
How was your day?
Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood

Comments

• edited
    Larkison Log; Day 1-
    To be honest, our gameplan is a little bit more ambitious than we are used to, but nothing ventured nothing learned so...

I've been hitting the character customisation from a visual aspect, I'm still going though as there's a lot to do. (These are 2 of the 7 sprite sheets I've done thus far.)

Meanwhile my sister has been on RPG Maker MV coding it up.
    She's programming while I'm arting so there's a couple of place holders... (Though that picture she used there depicts a good summary of our feelings right now quite accurately!)
    She's managed to get the customisation stage good to go, so I'm working through the night to catch up. Maybe I'll get a chance to nap while she worked ahead of me? Who knows! It's a mystery! I'ma gonna be sleep deprived! Mayonaise!

... Too late...
  • Premise of the game? The customisation looks interesting (stripy hair!) but I'm curious about the gameplay. :D
    Thanked by 1Larkison
  • edited
    Premise of the game? The customisation looks interesting (stripy hair!) but I'm curious about the gameplay. :D
    Hoy! Thanks! That's what we call the 'mermaid look'! :D
    I'll update the main post with that now, but basically the game is about how you spend your time and how it can change your outlook on the world around you well as on yourself! I don't want to go too heavy on the details though, we've got a lot of ideas and we're seeing what we can fit in. What I can tell you now is that in this game, time is fleeting, so you're basically running around, completing little quests, deciding which ones matter most to you and how you go about completing them!

We've gotten the first little area and the character building aspect up and running! It doesn't really give you much more information about the game (except that you get your own flat, sweet! It's a little dull, but at this stage of the game it's supposed to be.), I think our next update may get the job done a bit better.
  • Love the watercolour art :) sounds like story should be quite cool in this one too. Can't wait to play it.
  • FanieG said:
    Love the watercolour art :) sounds like story should be quite cool in this one too. Can't wait to play it.
    Thanks! We're looking forward to submitting it! :D
  • Hihi!

So we here at Larkison Labs have been having a bit of trouble getting one of our core mechanics to run properly, we've gotten it sorted now, (Picture my sister continuously banging her head on the keyboard until the right lines of code leaked out from her ears)

However, this issue has set us back some time. As such, if allowed, I have decided to extend our time from a 48hr entry to a 72hr entry. I hope you all understand!

HELLO FROM THE OUTSIIIIIIIDE
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • Ok! We've got a lot of the things done, now we're just bug testing and polishing up, huzzah!
  • Are you guys gonna share a build with the community before the deadline?
    Thanked by 1Larkison
  • critic said:
    Are you guys gonna share a build with the community before the deadline?
    We are attempting to! But oddly enough the upload is taking forever... which makes us a bit nervous about how long the final release is going to take... but we are working on it and shall update this page when we've got it online!
  • edited
    BETA IS HERE!

Please give it a go and let me know what you think! Also let us know of any bugs we need to fix and whatnot. Thanks! (Download link is at the top of this thread)