SA Game Jam 2016 - The Outsider

SA Game Jam 2016
Project name - The Outsider
Level of experience - Hobbyist:
48hr entry

One designer, a web developer and a filmmaker, never made a game before, so here we go!

Will keep this post updated as time goes on.

Comments

• The theme isn't even out yet :P
  • Lol yes, this is why the name is pretty open-ended.
  • Yea I am freaking out here... Like "WHERE DID YOU SEE THE THEME!?!?!"
  • Hehe, dont freak out, keep it for when you're playing the game. So we'll be doing an adventure which asks a couple of questions of self, expression and allows the player to create their experience, and the endgame. but I've said enough for now and I'll leave with this:
    “You have seen that the universe is at root a magical illusion and a fabulous game, and that there is no separate ‘you’ to get something out of it, as if life were a bank to be robbed. The only real ‘you’ is the one that comes and goes, manifests and withdraws itself eternally in and as every conscious being. For ‘you’ is the universe looking at itself from billions of points of view, points that come and go so that the vision is forever new.” ~Alan Watts
  • Sounds like some philosophical self-searching. :P
  • CandyflossKid, you would be right in that assumption!
  • Good on you for attempting the optional extra challenge. I didn't have the heart. I like some of the existentialist themes that are coming to the fore. I see @pieter is also asking the uneasy questions :)
    Thanked by 1creativedude
  • We're out. Technical aspect is done, creative aspect is done. Content let us down. Failure stings like a summabish. Ah well. Good luck to the rest!
  • You should at least post what you have. People can't comment or provide feedback if there's nothing to try.