[Competition] Ludum Dare 25

So Ludum Dare 25 is in just 8 days!

Who's keen? I'd enjoy a good jam, but I don't really feel like organising this time :P
Thoughts?

Comments

• edited
    Free Lives is pretty keen to Jam it (as in take part as a group).

Though my enthusiasm may be undermining my ability to accurately gauge the interest of the other members.
    Merrik said:
    Thoughts?
    Thoughts: WOOOOOOO!!LUDUAMDARE!!!YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH!!!GAMEJAMS!!YEAHFREELIVES!!HIVEFIVES!!YEAH!@!!@WOOOOO!
  • I really want to jam again, far too much serious work going on right now. Will have to see if I can arrange the time to make it happen though :(
  • I'm gonna try enter the jam
  • I dig the theme slaughter, has it always worked that way? :)

Me n @rigormortis are gonna give the Speed Run a go cos the mechanics are so much fun (EXACTLY 48 hours), then I might give Ludum Dare a try if there's time (and people who'd like to jam)
  • Theme slaughter has been around for the last couple of comps.
  • Damn, I've got birthdays, board games and family events happening this weekend that have overruled sitting in front of the PC. I'm going to have to give this one a miss
  • Aw man, first bit of freedom in a while and I have birthdays, events and a wedding!
  • I AM INSPIRED AFTER WATCHING THE KEYNOTE.... maybe I'll attempt a 3 hour rapid prototype whilst hungover on Saturday...

Anyone got a location to jam at (CPT ppls)? I'd love to organise a place at UCT like @Merrik always does, but I'm away most the weekend :/
    Thanked by 1Merrik
  • Good luck to everyone that is taking part! Be sure to post your entry here too.
  • Good luck all. The theme is pretty amazeballs, buy sadly have social commitments, and pretty broken after my indie speed run. Looking forward to see what you all come up with!
  • edited
    yay I got something into the Jam at least... it's not the greatest but here is the page http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=14272

and here () is a video if you just want to get the jist of it. The actual game is hellava incomplete so I'd not feel bad at all if you just watch the video and not bother actually trying the game, though the youtube vid doesn't have sound effects (well, the sound effect) and music :p
    Thanked by 1creative630
  • @Luctastic and I also managed to get something done. It was out first Ludum Dare so we're pretty chuffed with just finishing :D. We've both wanted to make a strategy/management game for a while so that's what we aimed for. It's pretty stripped down mechanically, but the humor and the art was the base elements we were shooting for :) .

Our entry page: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=17953.

Farms.png
    1366 x 768 - 456K
    Overview.png
    1366 x 768 - 295K
  • edited
    The objective was to humanize Sauron, We wanted everyone to know how difficult it is to manage a nation of Orcs. Maybe next time you'll think of both sides of a story :D.
  • Free Lives did a game called Ore Chasm for the jam. It's up at
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=3041

It's about mining mars to death, upgrading your laser and deadly sand worms. We were quite ambitious intrying to do a networked game for the jam, but it turned out OK in the end :) we might work on it some more to get some of the missing features and extra polish in.
  • Guys these look AMAZING! Well diggidy done! I love Love LOVE the Sauron angle :)
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • lol. I just played Orechasm with d3smondos :)
  • @punkweazel Indeed you did! I'm just gonna go ahead and say that its a good thing I don't have exams to study for right now :P

I don't really see the point of the multiplayered-ness though...it seems to me like it only makes it impossible for new people to join later on (early lazers won't be strong enough for them to mine and get back without running out of fuel). Also the lack of a refill station further down is rather annoying, it means I can't keep digging with my boss laser to see how far down I can go :D (I guess thats sort of the point, to limit how far you can safely go, but oh well)

• Results are out! we got first place overall in the jam. woot!
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/
  • Congrats everyone that took part, and special congrats to the people placing in top positions! :D
  • Woohoo! Congrats! That's damn good work!