hey I need help

Hey guys I can't get access to a play store account, can anyone with a play store account help upload my game ?

Comments

• edited
    A Play Store account should be pretty easy to get access to, you just need to pay a once-off $25 fee. Why are you having trouble?

BTW, to get access to a Google Merchant account, things are a bit more difficult
  • Its a long story involving standard bank and credit cards........ So I think its wasting my time, the time I am losing now waiting for the access, I can pretty much get help from somebody and get my game on the store for the mean time.
  • IIRC that fee can take up to 48 hours to go through, but sooner is pretty normal. Are you in a rush for some reason?
  • No. Not really, I just want to get my game out there.

Well actually I have been waiting for my account for 2months now. Standard bank is crazy
  • You could upload an APK to itch.io while you wait.

2 months sounds quite excessive...
  • I did upload it here -> https://www.datafilehost.com/d/27cafd07 ||| people don't really have access to that because its an untrusted source.
  • Well that's why itch.io is a good space to do this in. It's a known video game distribution platform, even if apks are not the most common thing there, it's still a known thing. Also creating a page on itch.io lets people see what the game is about before getting it, which is super valuable for potential users of your game.

May I ask what the goal of your game is? To let people be able to get it for free? Have you shown it here yet? MGSA is good for feedback, if that's what you're looking for.
  • edited
    Yeap. The goal of the game is to save each village by collecting a specific number of potatoes that is needed.

Yes I want people to get it for free and use admob, I was talking to this admob guy Tony and he told me I can only put admob if my game is on playstore.

I did show my game here but I didn't get any feedback so I overlooked it.

Well all I am looking for is somebody to help me upload my game on his play store account or create a play store for me, I do have the $25 and more for his work. Any of the two.

I am trying to reach a wide audience
  • Sorry for the lack of feedback here, sometimes it happens. It's good to note that a lack of feedback is actually feedback in and of itself.

---------

I'm personally not experienced with the play store so I can't comment further on that.

---------

As for "reaching a wide audience"... That's generally what everyone wants, and that usually takes a junction of a few elements:
    1. A GREAT game.
    2. Tireless marketing.
    3. Big budget (either to make the great game or pump into marketing)
    4. Connections.

Evaluating 1 can be tough for ALL of us, experienced or not alike. Doing 2 is tough, it takes a lot of knocking at doors. 3 is not realistic if you just don't have it. 4 takes a long time to build up.

So what I'm saying at the end of this is to take this game as a learning experience and see what comes out of it, try everything but don't expect any success. If it does become successful, cool! If not, don't worry, we've ALL been there, and have all learned from it.
    Thanked by 1pieter
  • What you wrote is very true. Those 4 points are true. Thank you for the great advice. I will mos def work on that