test Ultralight for android ♡

He guys

This is my very first post here
Can you guys please test my android game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bgmi.ultrabeam
Thanked by 2_damN_ Lesedi_Mosadi

Comments

• edited
    I checked out the game. The game is quite bad but I think its a good start to making games. The more you make the better.

If you wish to work on the game further here is what I can suggest
    * Make the shapes have 2 or 3 fixed positions where it can move into
    * Make the movement of the shapes faster and more responsive
    * Add some screenshake when the ball hits the shapes :P

That should make the game a lot better because I personally got frustrated with the following
    * Ball slipping through too easily
    * Shapes don't respond quick enough
    * There is always a gap for the ball to slip through
    Thanked by 1Lesedi_Mosadi
  • Hi Zaphire

Thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it , I will definitely add those , I actually made it a lot harder to play I wanted people to get frustrated :p and then start compensating for the horrible controls like flappy bird but I will definitely add your suggestions

Thanks ♡
    Thanked by 1Lesedi_Mosadi
  • Let me know when its updated so I can test it again :)
  • Is there perhaps a way for you to provide us with a PC / Mac build?
  • Hey pieter

The control are made to work only on a touch screen devices , it would be very difficult to use anything else
    Maybe with a joystick , could be very interesting I think you just gave me an idea ♡

Thanks for the reply ♡
  • Downloaded it on my phone and gave it a go.

I'm assuming the the focus of this project was to go through the whole publishing process, which is what I'll be focusing my feedback on.

1.) The description on the Play store was too short for me to get any idea of what your game was about. See if you can't elaborate a little bit more about the mechanics or challenges the player might face in your game. Saying the gameplay is unique is quite vague, and could mean many things.
    2.) At the very least add a video on the Play store showing gameplay footage of your game. People like to see what it is their downloading, and it could help convince those players that are on the fence.
    3.) There were no instructions on how to play the game. Not in the Play store, and not in the game. I thought I had to tap the blocks, because they changed colour when I did. It was only on my 4th restart that I realised I could move them. You can even put the instructions on the title screen. Players need to know how to interact with your game, don't assume they'll somehow figure it out.
    4.) The ball randomly bouncing of the paddles is what kills this game for me. If the ball's bounce direction could be predicted (with a small random variation) then I'd say you may have a mechanic here. You could line up paddles anticipating where the ball would go, thus introducing some strategy to the game. Maybe even introduce some powerups like "multi balls" or "big ball". Or "laser sight ball" that shows the path of the next 4 bounces.
    5.) Have the game exit when I press the back button on my phone. It seems small, but it just makes your game feel that little bit more professional.
    6.) Jazz up the Play Store icon a bit. Most of the time it's the only thing people see when they browse through the games. You need to make you icon pop to grab people's attention.

Wanting people to get frustrated with your game is super risky, you are much better off trying to make an experience that is fun, that way you get better at making fun games rather than frustrating ones :) Flappy Bird gained it's success not because it was a frustratingly hard game, but because Pewdiepie played it. It was a bad game, played by someone famous.
  • Please upload a video.