[Comp G] Falling Sands Factory

Aaaa, why is it not the 10th?

Falling Sands Factory is a game using physics where you need to channel sand down to the bottom of the level. Only tool at the players' disposal is a conveyor belt, not really sure about much else at this point, thinking about adding special items that make the level segments a bit more interesting. I don't think I will be able to finish this in time for the deadline.

Download link to Windows build.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32239143/falling_sands_factory.zip

Comments

• Nice! looks very much like lemmings style of play.
    Thanked by 1critic
  • No build?
    Thanked by 1critic
  • Sorry, updated the OP with download link.
  • It's a pity you didn't get further than the first level. It very much is a lemmings prototype and we need more of those
    Thanked by 1critic
  • I'm most probably going to keep working on it.
  • I had fun making this video although I struggled sometimes to make a conveyor belt

• LOL, why would you massacre it like that @Fengol, there are deadzones where you can't place the belts, looking at what you did, I should probably not allow belts to intersect. Oh, there is more of the level below if you click the right mouse button and drag.
  • Cause I like to test things?

Maybe in future when the level is bigger than the screen,before the player is let loose; make the camera pan over the whole level so they know there's more then
  • It's still very early in development, panning does sound like a nice way to do it though, there is a readme in the zip with the instructions, thought that would be enough for such an early build.
  • Who reads manuals these days? :P
  • But you are in deep shit if you don't have one, right? ;)