Ludum Dare 35

edited in Online Competitions & Jams
LD35 is in 4 week's time:

Weekend of April 15-18th (the LD site said 14th oops)

Can we get organisation for venues going? :)

Also, theme suggestion has opened, if you wanna try and drive some change or something :P
http://theme.ludumdare.com/
Thanked by 2Elyaradine pieter

Comments

• April 15th to 18th.

It might be possible in Cape Town to hold a minijam at Bandwidth Barn on the Saturday, to kick off the Ludum Dare?
    Thanked by 2Elyaradine Ross
  • So post GDC crazies/plague, and waiting for the über long weekend to be over so I could actually email people aaaaaaaand…

I don't think we'll be able to have a LD venue in JHB. MS isn't available, which means the only other venue would be Wits (which generally has really terrible turnout. Also the inaugural Glitch Face party is that Saturday so I think whatever the more normal base of LDers who might go to Wits for the jam would probably be going to that instead.

Will do some more prep stuff for the next one :)
  • Wits (which generally has really terrible turnout.
    It does? I dont think we've ever held any game jams there.
  • It does? I dont think we've ever held any game jams there.
    Lol - I think this kinda proves his point :'). We've had kids of jams there. There's literally one this weekend :).
  • edited
    Sigh, I really miss the LD jams :(

Why is MS not available, was there a reason? Anything we might be able to work at?

And apparently 4 weeks ahead isn't enough time to start the reminders on LD organisation. Let's do 2 months next time :/
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • @Tuism Dave and co are out of country. And we need someone from MS at the jam due to company policy. It's why we used it quite a bit when Paul was working there since it was a lot easier for us to satisfy the requirement. And unfortunately Paul's gig was only like 6 months.

I'd like to already start organizing for LD36, but the dates are only announced after judging :(

@Nitrogen we've had quite a few at wits, but ultimately Ben just proved that point like no one else.

@Bensonance forgot that the 67 jam was this weekend >_< also any chance that in future we can talk about the venues in the thread instead of just linking off to FB?
  • @Karuji Fo' sure we can do that. For the 67 Jam i think the Wits venue was organised all the way back at A MAZE 2015, though :)
  • I can't find where this is explained but what does the '?' mean in the theme voting?
  • edited
    Fengol said:
    I can't find where this is explained but what does the '?' mean in the theme voting?
    Where do you see this because I don't see it

EDIT: Sorry I see it now. I haven't seen an explanation about it but I think its if you are neutral on the topic. The button is called "dunno_button" so if you don't want to say yes or no
  • The theme is announced! Shapeshift