GAME JAM invitation

Calling out for game developers, coders and digital artists!
67games, The Barn and Friends of Design are hosting a GAME JAM on the 1, 2 and 3 April!

The challenge we have for you and your team is to create a game prototype for 67games’ Educade game system!
The Educade system provides educational arcade games for kids in public places like schools and libraries on ArcadeHall machines created especially for that programme. The Barn and Friends of Design, amongst others, support this brilliant system and want to help it to come to fruition.
Other Educade game jams will happen all over the world (Germany, USA, Nigeria and others) simultaneously!

We need YOUR IDEAS to show what great things can be done in terms of educational arcade games!
Join us for a creative and fun weekend!

To RSVP and get more info, please, write to lars@friendsofdesign.net
Let us know how large your team might be. We are looking for team sizes ideally around 4 to 8 people.
If you do not have a team, join one during the Meet & Greet session on Friday the 1st of April.

Programme
April 1st, 6.30 pm: Meet & Greet and presentation on the Educade idea. Setting up teams.
April 2nd and 3rd: GAME JAM time starting at 9am. You can stay through the night, if you want to.
At 5pm on Sunday we will present the outcomes.
Teams that want to work remotely can do so, of course.
Where?
At Friends of Design, 186 Bree Str., Cape Town
Space, desks, WiFi and all the rest will be provided!

Comments

• Awesome! I'm glad this is finally happening :)

Is there any reason why you want teams of 4 to 8 people? I ask cause I don't think I've ever done a jam with more than 4 or 5 people, and I find I'm often most productive working solo.

For those that can't commit to the entire weekend, can we assume it's fine if we only take part for part of it?
  • Hey, there are already teams with 6 and more that would like to join. We also have some guys rocking up alone, who would like to join a team. We will keep it as open as we can.
  • Cool, so is it also fine if people want to form smaller teams, perhaps even taking part solo?

You said remote work is fine, so can I assume it's also fine if people just participate for part of the weekend?
  • edited
    This sounds awesome!

(The date here conflicts with plans for holding a minijam at The Bandwidth Barn, but I think we can move that event back, or should the minijam fall away in favour of more focus on this?)
  • edited
    @EvanGreenwood: That is odd :D The Barn is actually partnering with Fod on this event ... strange.
    It would be great if you can join! Bring your teaqm. SeaMonster is planning to come, too :D And some of my last years students already sgigned up. This could be a really great weekend for a really nice project.
  • @francoisvn: Thatr depends on the team you are working with. I fthey are cool with it, it might work. But usually the effort should last the weekend ;)
  • edited
    I think we're moving the monthly minijam event back. (That way we can all do both jams!)