[Comp G] Island Assault

Pitch - Devil Daggers meets Quake3 DM17.

Well, maybe a bit more forgiving than Devil Daggers. More like Defend the Node/Survive the Waves. But I want it to be fairly frantic old-school FPS with lots of bouncing around between platforms while enemies spawn faster and faster.

Build 1, blocked out some islands, setup some jump pads (the red blocks, walk through them to launch) and some floating crystals to defend, added UFPS for the first person controller stuff. Nothing much to do except bounce around, yet.

(Escape to quit, R to reset position.)

Build 1

Thanked by 2konman roguecode

Comments

• Would you consider allowing the player the ability to bounce indefinitely from platform to platform?
    I tried to do this, but it doesn't seem to be possible.
  • edited
    Yes. Right now, there's a couple of jump pads that allow you to land on another jump pad, but you can't, as of yet, form a loop.

It's just a test layout, so I'll tweak it in the future. :)

I'm also thinking of adding a short-burn, regenerating jetpack powerup, so you can extend the distance/have more control of your jumps. As well as rocket jumping.
  • It's a pity you didn't get a chance to finish this.
  • It is. But this month was just too much, between day job, getting SC prepped for release, wedding plans and Icon and Cape Town visits. ;P

But I'll continue developing the idea outside the monthly compos, I think. :)