Reality Games

I have an game idea that will blow your mind.
The CEO or owner of Make Games SA can come and see me.
This idea will give thousands a job.
Johann.
Thanked by 1Squidcor

Comments

• I think we all have a game idea that will blow your mind. Maybe you should go and do it and realize that an idea is just an idea no matter how good.
  • Not sure if this is trolling :/
  • edited
    Can we maybe hear your idea?
  • I'm just here to see if the CEO will make an appearance.
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • edited
    EDIT: on consideration, my post was unnecessary and kinda mean, enough has been said otherwise. Leaving this so it's clear what @dislekcia is referring to with "popcorn image macro." If you still want to see it, use your imagination.
    Thanked by 1Kobusvdwalt9
  • Uh, don't be mean peeps... Popcorn image macros aren't cool.

@Johann: Hi, welcome to MGSA. There are a few reasons why people aren't rushing to contact you:

1. MGSA is a community organisation and doesn't have a CEO or owner, that's not what it's about. It does have a chairperson, but idea-vetting isn't their responsibility.
    2. This community has seen a lot of "idea people" over the years. The thing with ideas is that they're not very valuable, no matter what you might think about yours. Chances are that the implementation is far more important - after all, if you could implement your idea, you wouldn't be asking for other people to do it for you, right? Everyone here has more ideas than they could ever make.
    3. There's always a lot more to making a game than anyone (even experienced developers) suspect. If you've never made a game before, you're going to assume even more incorrect things than a professional... For instance: How is this idea going to be paid for? What skills does it need? Who is it marketed to? What platforms is it on? What return is expected/likely? What's the business model here? ... And those are just the simple things, we're not even into the daily hard choices that game development actually requires.

So... If you have a lot of money, cool, sell your idea here. Talk about it, see if anyone's interested and maybe you can build a team. Just be aware that a lot of your assumptions about how game development works and the impact of your specific idea are probably wrong, don't worry though, that's where we all started too.
  • Agreed with @dislekcia. Also another tip would be to rather be willing to approach someone than tell them they should be approaching you.

An example would be your sentence.
    "The CEO or owner of Make Games SA can come and see me."

Rather say.
    "How can I get hold of the CEO or owner of Make Games SA to schedule a meeting"