F: Sound Why did the Doomsday Prepper cross the Road.

Hi all.,
This is my very first post on Make Games SA. I contributed the music to @FanieG 's apocalyptic game.
For these compositions I used Cubase and Yamaha electric piano that I used as my midi input. I have been doing compositions since about 11., starting with e-jays., then fruity-loops., propeller head's reason and finally Cubase.

For the main song during gameplay I aimed at a super-Mario gets attacked by chubakabras in a post-apocalyptic desert. Took me roughly 4 to 5 hours to compose and master.

I will gladly be working with @FanieG on future projects and will gladly lend my talent to other programmers/artists/musicians etc. Just drop me a PM. I'm brand new to this site so I might take a while to respond at first.

I will also appreciate any feedback and/or constructive criticism to any of my work.

Here is a link to the game with my background music included ---> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/187819585/Preppers Ver 3/Preppers Ver 3.html

Until next time .. ;p
Thanked by 1FanieG

Comments

• @The_Sired_Ward - Welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find the other "musos" especially helpful, friendly and honest in their feedback. Thanks so much for the music man. The main song is especially EPIC!!!! Can't believe you could turn that out is such a short time span. Bloody Brilliant. I really like the last part of the song. I've been listening to it all evening.
  • @The_Sired_Ward Cool entry! I'm also very interested in your history as a music writer/composer..Why did you move from FL to Reason and then to Cubase? I myself use Cubase and I just can't come to terms with any other DAW as Cubase is by far the most flexible (I find) in terms of arrangement. Also what VSTs do you use?
  • Hi @Mexicanopiumdog and thank you so much!
    Those were old moves I had made when I was still working with old versions of FL and Reason. When I first started with Reason I immediately felt at home with the way the GUI and just the way the DAW works and I could get the results I wanted way quicker than FL. In the version of FL I had., I had to constantly remaster everything to get rid of the muddy/blurry sound it gave (this could obviously be to my lack of experience back then).
    My initial move to Cubase was due to an even more suitable interface to my needs and just the quality of the software. A problem I experienced with Reason was that a lot of the times your exported product never sounded quite the same as what it sounded in the program itself., so I had to remaster every channel each time before I exported my project until the end result sounded the way I needed it to sound. In Cubase., however my exports actually sounds like it does in Cubase.

I am sticking with Cubase now as it suits me very well. I'm not saying it is better or worse than other DAW's., but it fits me like a glove.

At the moment I have no VST's installed. I'm getting Battery very soon for my drums and beats etc. Any VST's you would recommend?

I gave a listen to some of your work. Your sound is really well done. It's clean and vivid and your Electronical Music production really blew my mind!
  • @The_Sired_Ward I agree that Reason didn't always bounce my music to what it initially sounded like but I had other problems with it - mainly that Reason 5 (which I was using at the time) didn't go fullscreen and that I didn't like the Arrangement view/overall layout of the program. :P

It's also very interesting that you don't use any third party vsts in your music - something I can definitely recommend doing because IMO there is only that much that you can do with stock instruments...The Quality/Fidelity of the VSTs out there are incredible and helped improve the production quality of my music by a mile! There are some instruments you JUST need in your repetoire as a composer IMO....among those are definitely some of the NI instruments like Battery/Massive/Kontakt and a VST called Omnisphere which is very pricy to obtain but which pretty much covers all areas/styles with a huge variety of presets/samples..

Battery is definitely a great VST for drums and I almost always use it in my tracks - definitely worth purchasing/getting!

Thanks for taking some time and listening to my work and I appreciate the compliments! Keep rocking dude and stick around the forum to find out about the cool stuff happening in the industry - we have really insanely cool guys in this community! WOOP MGSA Bois and Gurls WOOP!