IOs Release Calendar

Where is the best source to find information on the IOs game release dates for 2015? The best I've found so far are:

ign.com/games/upcoming/iphone
gamerevolution.com/release-dates/iphone

But if anyone can point me in a more informative direction, I'd be really grateful :)

Comments

• I haven't been able to find anything that's remotely exhaustive. There are a number of reasons for this, but it's mostly due to devs trying to release things as and when they hope they might get featured. As far as I can tell, indies to try to tell other indies when they're releasing in the hopes that it'll be "an uncontested weekend", but that's about as far as that sentiment goes.

General advice from others has been to release on a thursday, so that your game's in the featured slot (if that's going to happen, who knows) over the weekend. Or at least, maybe you can stay high on the lists for the weekend and get exposure that way. Although now some people have started releasing on Mondays because they're so empty by comparison, so it's a bit of a crap shoot either way.

Best advice? See if you can get a contact at Apple. If you do, share with me pls ;)
    Thanked by 2dammit Tuism
  • I'll be the first to share any information/contacts I get :)

Btw, I guess it's worth asking when DD is releasing so we can avoid conflicting? And anyone else planning on releasing this year?
  • Why doesn't someone write a little website that people can submit their planned release dates to ? If I had the web chops I would.
    Thanked by 1vintar
  • edited
    Why doesn't someone write a little website that people can submit their planned release dates to ? If I had the web chops I would.
    Because the general use-case is negative: If I advertise my release date to an untrusted audience, large, heavily funded companies will use that information to either release something at the same time as my game (because I've been lucky/skilled enough to find a gap they didn't see) or they might release something like my game before I do, on purpose. It's far too risky to make that public information.

Plus that's not how release on iOS works... You get your game ready to go, through their cert process, then wait and hit the release switch when you feel the timing is good given what else has been released. Again, those that don't use a pre-announcement system will simply do better than those that do. Which is how we got into this position in the first place - as soon as Apple stopped controlling release dates, this feedback loop started. We're beginning to see similar stuff on Steam as Valve gets less and less involved in release timings.