How does one monetise Android Games in South Africa?

I've read the posts on MakeGamesSA related to this, but still don't feel I have an answer to my questions.

The Scenario

Google doesn't support Merchant Accounts in South Africa. This means that it's not possible to make a paid game, nor is it possible to use Google Play In-App Purchases.

Viable Options

If I want to monetise an Android game, I seem to have these options:
  • Option 1: Use an in-game advertising (like AdMob)
  • Option 2: Register a company in a country that is supported by Google Merchant Accounts, and transfer the money
  • Option 3: Use another IAP provider, like Samsung or Amazon
I have a problem with Option 1, because adverts are a very good way to annoy the player. I don't think Option 2 is very viable for me at this stage. Option 3 therefore looks like the best bet, but I have personally never seen IAP provided by Samsung or Amazon (not that I'm an authority on the matter); I'm a little concerned about the user acceptance of these.

My Questions :)

Have I got all of that right?
Do I have any other options?
How have South African developers got around this problem on Android?

Thanks in advance for your responses. :)
Brad

Comments

• Option 2.5, know someone who has said things set up already and get them to assist :) Any volunteers?
  • I believe that using Samsung or Amazon means distributing via their storefronts, which are smaller and less-used than the main Google Play store.

Option 4: Get a publisher and have them distribute the game, then pay you a cut.

None of these is as optimal as distributing yourself, but if you have a game that a publisher is willing to support, you might get more visibility out of it that your own marketing might not have netted you.
    Thanked by 1Boysano
  • Option 1.5:
    Get a friend with address and bank account in supporting country,
    and register with their details (if you can trust them). Fastest method..
    If you actually make money, then go option 2.