[Job] Opportunity to share in-game music...

edited in Jobs
A statement made by Tuism in one of my previous posts got me thinking ... currently Re-Spawn plays background music in the main menu (and I might put in the matches as well), I thought wouldn't it be cool to allow the audio guys out there to promote their music in the game.

Need4Speed in the early years had a little indicator pop up stating what song was playing and who the author/writer/band/singer is ... obviously they were able to license the music of bands ... but I could do something similar in Re-Spawn.

Over and above having your music playing in the game, you will also get full credits in the game and on the relevant media (printed, website, etc).

Obviously the music will need to fit in with the style of the game ... but anything fast paced, energetic, and such like would be welcome. We can also negotiate offering an official soundtrack CD or such like giving the audio authors full credits as is deserving of their work.

Anyway, keen to hear what people think ... :D

Comments

• I really like that idea. Good for the audio gaming community. Will definitely contribute some music.
  • @McCoySoundD" Cool. I will get the basic GUI elements in place tomorrow and record a video to try and explain my idea.
  • @quintond that sounds awesome man! I'm in as well! Soundtrack Album could be really cool! Even if it's just a digital copy!
  • @karl182: Yeah it will be digital ... although there are some avenues available to us that could be available ... I would have to do some more research.
  • @quintond Awesome dude! I think you guys have a whole bunch of really cool ideas! Keep it up!
  • I think its a rad idea, seems kinda like what Hotline Miami did, which was totally rad.

Though I do kinda worry about fairness to the artists if you intend on selling the game, from what I have heard album soundtracks tend not to sell that well... (even digitally) So I still kinda think a small profit share or monetary agreement would still be needed? Obviously free advertising is great for musicians, but it don't pay the bills :)
    Thanked by 2francoisvn dammit
  • I think it's a cool and interesting idea. I would be interested in being involved :D let us know how it develops. I would love to compose a track or two to try be included.
  • @creative630: You hit the nail on the head ... this only makes sense if I give the game away for FREE. Which is actually something I am contemplating ... :D
  • It'll be nice to contribute! Here's a Portfolio of some of my last works.

Cheers!

http://mattohaira.bandcamp.com/releases
  • As a matter of interest @quintond: how you doing soundtrack wise? Still need pieces?
  • Hey guys I agree and I think it's a very good idea, I've been trying to get to the gaming industry for sometime now but I didn't really have the right direction, but fortunately today as I'm surfing the net I stumbled on this site and I'm glad I did, as a musician I'm very much interested. I actually did an album last year called for the love of sports vol1 for background music and I think it's going to fit very well in the games, you can check it out on http://www.musicclout.com/crusbeatz I'll also appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
  • Here is my email feel free to mail me for further enquiries crusbeatz@gmail.com