Anyone thinking about DEVing for Xbox One

Comments

• Wow, that's pretty awesome!
  • I was already keen, but it just got even better!
  • Wow... I wonder how difficult it is to get into the ID@Xbox program; think I'll research it later today.
  • Hey @ScurvyKnave, we joined the program when it first launched, we haven't been rejected but also haven't received any dev kits or anything else (besides an invite to there event at Microsoft which has already happened, and another one in London happening next month).
    To be honest I don't think they going to be handing out any Dev boxes any time soon to "garage indie devs" (like most of us) but instead to "indie devs" (like your Team 17 etc.)
    Pretty sure it's going to be one of those things that will be announced at BUILD in June next year, and only available around August. (I'm talking about Xbox One's been made available to build games to test on and the ability to upload a game for publishing to Xbox One)
    But I really hope I'm wrong and we can publish games sooner.
    Thanked by 1ScurvyKnave
  • @SniperED007, thanks, very good info.
  • They shouldn't really need to hand out devkits if there's some way to have retail kits run code, like you could do with the developer's club and XNA. I would expect the same sort of thing here, where first tier developers with publisher agreements get access to devkits (at a cost, not free) and other devs can deploy and get those free Xbox Unity deployment licences for free or at a modest cost.

I'm just guessing here, so by all means correct me if you have more accurate info :)
  • With the ID@XBox program they give you 2 free xbox dev kits. (if you get approved)
    But they have said that all Xbox Ones will become dev kits at a later stage... my guess is only around June - August 2014.
  • Ok, then it would make sense for them to be a bit more picky about who gets in, since it'll actually cost them hardware.