Sound Design Workshops Question Mark

Yoo,

I was thinking it could be cool to get a workshop community going if anyone is available and interested in going through some sound design challenges or perhaps just a single clip once a month.

My thinking is that it could be cool to share plugins/techniques, practice, give each other some feedback, and just hang out so that we're more connected as a game audio community. I wouldn't mind facilitating the meeting, sourcing clips and maybe turning it into a compilation of everyone's efforts every month so that we can leverage getting more eyes on the work that we're doing in a uniform fashion. I've been doing this for a fair bit of time with a few London sound devs so I do think it has a lot of merit if there are enough people behind it.

Could be a do in your own time kinda thing as well for everyone who has other commitments/responsibilities or we could knock it out in an hour or two over discord which I personally think has more benefits. Anyways LET ME KNOW.
Thanked by 1EVDM_Composer

Comments

• edited
    I'm a hobbyist who only uses free tools for audio, I don't use Discord, and I'm curious to see the conversation/knowledge sharing should it end up being somewhere visible, but it is unlikely that I will have time to participate due to the various other game dev things I'm trying to accomplish.
  • I'd enjoy doing something like this!

I... currently do all of my audio work in Audacity. :P I've been interested in moving to something else (particularly for writing new things over just editing existing clips). I think even just watching other more experienced folks work would be useful.
  • @watman sorry to hear, but we'll be around and you don't have to participate on the day. You can also comment and bring your own work just to see what people think. What is most important like you mentioned is just hearing what other people have to say and forming a general community. Hope to see you around!

Thanked by 1watman
  • Just to let everyone know as well, our first meeting is scheduled for the 24th at 7pm. I'll update this thread with any changes as we go forward.
    Thanked by 1Elyaradine
  • (the meeting was postponed to Wednesday 7pm)
  • Hi!

Just curious, how did the first meeting go? How many people participated?
  • I would be happy to join if this is a thing :)