Don't buy GPU from takealot

I have ordered a graphics card gtx1650 super and I only received a gtx1650... I have noticed this because the package has two serial numbers. The serial number on the right is for the card that I have ordered(gtx1650super) and the serial number on the right is the one I have received. Also I have waited three weeks to receive this since first time I was told by takealot that their driver was hijerked in my email and also a contradiction telling me that the order was returned to the warehouse in my facebook inbox . So I did not know which story to believe. I am really disappointed.

So do not be me, do not be loyal.
Thanks

Comments

• I don't think this kind of thing belongs on these forums.
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • Just return it and buy from wootware next time.

But ye, I'm with Elyaradine on this, this is not really the forum for it. Rather write this kinda stuff at mybroadband.co.za
  • edited
    I don't think this kind of thing belongs on these forums.
    Sorry I wasn't trying to offend anyone or writing this as a complaint, But I was trying to warn other fellow game developers what might happen to them if they try to do the same(Prevent the situation rather that remedy it).

Similarly if a new game developer wanted to buy hardware would you say they should not ask directly here(from game devs) for advise?

And also should we only post about games and not about struggles we face on daily bases that might help other developers to prevent the situation?
  • I'm sorry you got a shitty deal, but I also agree that this doesn't seem on topic for these forums. A lot of game developers also cook food and I'm sure they could benefit from advice for how to do that quicker/better/more efficiently, but sharing cooking tips here is off topic. IMHO this isn't the place for sharing your experiences buying a graphics card, and it just adds noise.
  • edited
    Leslie said:
    Just return it and buy from wootware next time.

But ye, I'm with Elyaradine on this, this is not really the forum for it. Rather write this kinda stuff at mybroadband.co.za
    It has helped, I did not know wootware before. Now I got 5 cards from them for the entire team. thanks
    I'm sorry you got a shitty deal, but I also agree that this doesn't seem on topic for these forums. A lot of game developers also cook food and I'm sure they could benefit from advice for how to do that quicker/better/more efficiently, but sharing cooking tips here is off topic. IMHO this isn't the place for sharing your experiences buying a graphics card, and it just adds noise.
    Food is not a tool for game developers but graphics card definitely is. If this was a chef forum, talking about pots and stoves wouldn't be a bad idea, similarly if this was a music forum, talking and mics, guitars and keyboards wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Thanked by 1BloodCage