Ludum Dare 46 (April 18)

edited in Online Competitions & Jams
Saturday April 18th to Tuesday April 21st, 2020
Starts at 03:00 South African Standard Time

https://ldjam.com/
Thanked by 3Pierre Cyberwiz edg3

Comments

• I can't say that I'm enthusiastically looking forward to this one, but I've made up my mind that I at least need to do something. My cousin has said he wants to attempt something using the PICO-8 again so I'll most likely end up making some sfx and music for this entry.
  • I'm keen, I even loved most of the themes that made it through the voting. I figure I'll work something out tomorrow morning that can hopefully be fun (avoiding looking again till then).
  • Theme: Keep it alive
  • edited
    I'll be sharing more soon when I iron out the small kinks I have, just seeing if I can use MonoGame completely or if I have to suck it up and use Unity at the moment (ARCore use on Android). Don't want to bite off more than I can chew for the 3 days (figured I'll be a bit slower).

Edit: Turns out I'd have to download and reinstall things (some SDKs, etc), so I swapped to another plan that can fit the timing.
  • I have an idea for the theme but I don't know how good a game I'll make
  • I slept on it and the best idea I have right now is a CPR simulator in VR lol
    What a weirdly open yet not theme :)
    I'm making, technically, Garden Destraction. Have had a few delays already (I felt like cleaning things), just busy implementing crafting for myself.
  • edited
    My idea is basically pong but the idea is to keep the rally going.
  • edited
    I need some advice. Please play my game and let me know if the instructions make sense? I would also appreciate any feedback on the difficulty (and your best score) and ideas for how I can Juice It Up more.

My best score is 16
  • I seem to get to 2 but never further, it's quite difficult to get used to. Not in a bad way, mind you.

I think the only thing I missed on first read was holding space when the ball is moving for the release to knock it back, and I cant seem to move left or right when holding space in my browser, thats what made it quite difficult to even get past 2 for me.
  • edited
    Afternoon update.

I've disabled my game because a change made a massive difference and now it's highly enjoyable! I cannot wait for you to try it.

• I don't think I'm going to get more development in so I'm releasing my game! Please give it a try https://fengol.itch.io/super-rally
    Thanked by 1edg3
    I spent ages yesterday sorting out the mechanics for how to manage different plants and flowers, so can't harvest it yet. Should be easy to add items and plants, I hope. Just need to do the time cycles, the trade I want, and make it look pretty, now.
  • Share your Ludum Dare link
  • edited
    I havent made one yet, sorry that I was slow to respond, was an intense day at work so I didn't even get further at all.

Edit: GardenDestraction.Proto1.rar - Win x86 exe, MonoGame

I figure I'll probably just share more on my site, somewhat. It technically is only a prototype of IO and the architecture of how I've put things in.