[#PROTOSHI] 2 ADVANCED Escape the Bokkusu

You are in a Nightmare! You are trapped in a dark prison! You have powers! ...but you are made out of Glass!

https://v-master.itch.io/escape-the-bokkusu

ENJOY!
Thanked by 1Pierre

Comments

• Well done!
    I'm really struggling to get mine done. The ideas are messy right now but no matter what, I will definitely upload something.
    Anyway. good job on being the first submission once again! Nice planning.
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • edited
    Digging the environmental feel. It's weird and oppressive, like everything's out to get you. I was also super confused about where to go at times which added to the game feel.

My only suggestion is that the wall jumping and climbing can be a bit inconsistent. I got frustrated pretty early on a stopped playing cause I felt like I was fighting the game controls.
    Not sure if you were going for that, which adds to the game feel?
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • Digging the environmental feel. It's weird and oppressive, like everything's out to get you. I was also super confused about where to go at times which added to the game feel.

My only suggestion is that the wall jumping and climbing can be a bit inconsistent. I got frustrated pretty early on a stopped playing cause I felt like I was fighting the game controls.
    Not sure if you were going for that, which adds to the game feel?
    Glad to hear that you like the environment and atmosphere. Yeah, the controls were very hard to get right, mainly the wall jump and climbing. Did you use a controller or the keyboard/mouse?

Thanked by 1Pierre
  • I used a keyboard and mouse. Is it easier with a controller?
    Thanked by 1VMASTER
  • Agreed with @iamdavidnight that atmosphere felt weird and oppressive, so I was keen to explore more. I liked the piecewise main character idea.

I also found the controls tough, so I wasn't able to get much past the second rope, kept sliding down the wall. Holding down buttons didn't seem to work so I ended up tapping X / A /B to perform actions. Am I doing it right? I tried with an xbone controller, if that helps.

The controller rumbles on input added a lot to how this felt to play, great idea. I also liked the input tutorials above the player, would have been totally lost without them.

The bars at the bottom weren't clear to me... I think the top, larger one is your health and the bottom / smaller one is some kind of energy which gets used as you tap buttons and replenishes over time?
  • I used a keyboard and mouse. Is it easier with a controller?
    I'd like to say so, yes. I'm used to playing Platformers with a Controller, so it is mostly personal preference on my side.
    Thanked by 1iamdavidnight
  • ashashza said:
    Agreed with @iamdavidnight that atmosphere felt weird and oppressive, so I was keen to explore more. I liked the piecewise main character idea.

I also found the controls tough, so I wasn't able to get much past the second rope, kept sliding down the wall. Holding down buttons didn't seem to work so I ended up tapping X / A /B to perform actions. Am I doing it right? I tried with an xbone controller, if that helps.

The controller rumbles on input added a lot to how this felt to play, great idea. I also liked the input tutorials above the player, would have been totally lost without them.

The bars at the bottom weren't clear to me... I think the top, larger one is your health and the bottom / smaller one is some kind of energy which gets used as you tap buttons and replenishes over time?
    Glad you like it, thanks.

So for the ropes and jumping, you'll have to point your analog stick to the direction you want to go. For example, for climbing you have to tap Circle/B/Left Click and move up. For the walls, you press the jump button (so X (or Cross)/A/Spacebar) then aim at the direction you want to go.

The top bar represents your Health, if you land on a gray surface you will lose health, land on a black one and you won't. The bottom bar is your Stamina, so yes it is your energy. I added it in so that the game isn't too easy XD

Let me know how it goes if you attempt it again