Technical Artist Full Time Positions Available

TECHNICAL ARTIST - JOB DESCRIPTION

The Technical Artist acts a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game, while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.

Responsibilities

• Work with modelers and programmers to implement art and bring it into the engine.
• Provide hands-on support to artists and programmers in regard to asset performance and validation.
• Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
• Solve challenging technical issues in the art asset pipeline.
• Collaborate with programmers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
• Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes. • Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.

Requirements

• Extensive knowledge of Adobe suite or other VFX authoring packages.
• A cultivated aesthetic sense and an eye for detail.
• Experience and knowledge of animation techniques.
• Ability to accept feedback and implement suggestions.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines.
• Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus.
• Knowledge of high level coding language is considered a plus.

Contact Nico van der Merwe at nico.vdmerwe@playsafesa.com if you are interested to apply for the position of Technical Artist

Comments

• edited
    Hi there and welcome!

According to the forum rules, job postings need to include more information than you've provided:
    - A job must be posted by the company offering the position/contract and the company must be clearly identifiable.
    - The position must be clearly stated as a game development position/contract.
    - The job post must contain a description of the skills/qualifications required, an indication of payment/budget/salary, expected timeframe for the job and a job description that clearly communicates job responsibilities.
    - The job post may not be solicitation for spec work or in the form of a competition reward.
  • Hi Elyaradine

I do apologize. I did not know about the forum rules and I should have checked before I posted the positions. How would I go about removing the discussions posted as I want to reload them with the spec docs and updated details. Thank you for notifying me. I will adjust asap.