Visual Studio won't autocomplete for Unity 2019 project

I use VS for Mac, and when I use Hub to make a 2019 project, VS doesn't do autocomplete, but Unity 2018 projects work just fine.

I've googled a bunch around it and haven't found why yet... Anyone?

Comments

• edited
    Just to confirm, you're using Visual Studio 2019 for Mac, or Visual Studio Code?
  • Visual Studio for Mac Community v8.2.6 (build 26)
  • @Tuism which version of C# and dotnet is the 2019 project using? I believe 2019 was the first version of Unity that made the latest C# version the default.
  • @NickCuthbert where do you check for version of C# and dotnet in Unity? I checked in preferences/External Tools and don't see it there. Under build settings > player settings > other settings there is "api compatibility level" set to .NET standard 2.0, but I doubt that's what you're asking a?bout
  • @Tuism Oh just checked. The api compatility level is part of it. They seemed to have removed the option to drop down to a lower version of C#. Might be worth a try reinstalling the latest version of VS for Mac, it's likely that you've got a missing SDK.
  • Okay I'm busy with VS updates, it's huge. I turned auto update off because it would keep updating in the background and completely wreck my connectivity. ALL the time.

For reference, this is an example of what I see when editing with a 2018 file:

And with a 2019 file:
    Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 10.01.20.png
    564 x 275 - 74K
    Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 10.01.31.png
    437 x 361 - 61K
  • On your 2019 Editor go to Assets in the menu , under assets menu go all the way down and click on Open C# project .
    Then just double click on the .sln file it will open preload all the classes .
    Thanked by 3Tuism Elyaradine Fengol
  • @estellebabymama Okay I have no idea how that worked, for a while VS was just blank, after I closed everything and opened everything up again it worked. THANK YOU! So basically I must load the Solution first. Whatever that means. Yeah what am I even doing I have no clue :p

THANKSSSS! <3
  • Tuism said:
    @estellebabymama Okay I have no idea how that worked, for a while VS was just blank, after I closed everything and opened everything up again it worked. THANK YOU! So basically I must load the Solution first. Whatever that means. Yeah what am I even doing I have no clue :p

THANKSSSS! <3
    Awesome <3