[SA Game Jam 2019] The Last Connection

72hour
2 Team members
Hobbyist diversity

@Wolfbeard - Music
@Asriele - The rest

https://asriele.itch.io/the-last-connection

A young girl with an AI symbiosis taps into the solar system network to look for her parents after an affliction with cptsd symptoms wipes out a tenth of the human population.

Did not have enough time to properly implement gameplay which requires quite a bit of world building to create the kind of relationships that can be used dynamically as mechanics.

So jam version only has 9 people you can unlock with not the gameplay I wanted it to be.
Post jam version will be a thing.

Comments

• This looks really good! Can't wait to see where this goes
    Thanked by 1Asriele
  • What will you be able to do in this game? exploration? find minerals and craft a super mega corp?
    Thanked by 1Asriele
  • The character icons are looking great! Just in that screen shot you've got a great game feel :)
    Super keen to play!
    Thanked by 1Asriele
  • Game jam version has 9 connections in total.
    Turns out designing gameplay for a narrative heavy connections crafting game requires a whole lot of world building.
    So here is the map I have been making for post jam version:
  • I liked the aesthetic a lot and the prototype interaction design wise felt like it is a strong foundation for further work. I wasn't able to finish however, even after restoring to the old adventure game standby of try use everything on every other thing. I'm not sure it that was because of bugs, or if perhaps because it was because I wasn't able to follow the plot that well.

I'd be very excited to play this further however, as the world in your game seems quite intriguing.
    Thanked by 1Asriele
  • edited
    Very interesting story-telling mechanic! A bit tricky to get a hang of at first (and I eventually hit a wall, not sure if I can go any further), but I still think it has a lot of potential. I really (really) liked the art and music and when I saw the post-jam map I got very excited.
    A tutorial might be necessary at the start... I'm still not 100% sure how to play but managed anyway.

Looking forward to exploring the galaxy even more!

PS. After uncovering the pirate I didn't know what to do next, no combination seemed to work? Also, The Bounty Hunter icon sometimes glitched out a bit and let me create multiple versions of it.
    Thanked by 1Asriele
  • Please let me know if you're based in CT, JHB or where?
  • edited
    @Fengol I am in CT and @Wolfbeard is located in Pretoria