[SA Game Jam 2019] Wack-o Craft-o

Hi All!

So, I decided to take this challenge on alone! Unreal Engine, dozens of assets and by myself. The results? A quirky and weird sandbox crafting game that lets you sometimes use items and see random results on-screen happening and as well as dragging and dropping and making some amazing things!

Jam Name: SA Game Jam 2019
Wack-o Craft-O
Student
72-hour Entry
Category Entry: Student & Diversity (PM'd)

Attached is some stuff I was able to complete which made me happy and proud of what I did. I hope you all will actually enjoy playing with it but I definitely think if I had more time and Unreal was building the project faster, I'd be happier.

Controls:
WASD: Movement
Space: Jump
E: Pickup/Use
I: Inventory
Esc. Opens quit Menu.

When opening UI like Inventory or ESC< there is a button in the top left to always close the menu again if it was a mistake. Inventory as well, there is a use button that lets you use the item, but you will lose the item upon doing this, also, you can drag items and drop them on another, and that will either use the item to craft another item or it will create nothing if its a failed combination. Just, enjoy the game and have fun!

Google Drive Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-ghZQtsgi9PU6yOhAq8zZD7mVcNvxXmG
Game Jolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/wackocrafto/440800
Itch IO: https://lightprincess98.itch.io/wack-o-craft-o

Edit: I've seen all the 7-zip errors, I've ran into the same issue with 7-zip. I think the error comes from the rar being made with winrar and not 7-zip. I extracted using winrar and had no issue.

Edit 2: Fixed download, works now!
Thanked by 1absolutwillie

Comments

• its 3 gigs ...when its done ill test it sounds fun.
  • I downloaded the rar, and tried to extract the contents using 7-zip. I get a data extraction error with 7-zip. This might be a download issue on my side, but you might want to double-check that your files are indeed 100%.
  • Yeah... is there any way you can compress the entire thing/some assets? I would like to have a look at your game but I cannot download 3 GB of stuff, especially if the file is broken. I just don't have the bandwidth.
  • Tried to download the game to play but we also got the same problem as @vetkaashaas !
  • Sjoe! It's a significant dl to be sure. Extracted it with 7-zip and took a screenshot of the error message.

[Details]
    2 Data error : Wack-o Craft-o\WindowsNoEditor\Wack_O_Craft_O\Content\Paks\Wack_O_Craft_O-WindowsNoEditor.pak
    Unpacking WackO CraftO.JPG
    568 x 369 - 38K
  • I downloaded the rar, and tried to extract the contents using 7-zip. I get a data extraction error with 7-zip. This might be a download issue on my side, but you might want to double-check that your files are indeed 100%.
    Just tried with Winrar, no issue. 7-zip, had issue, so I think its a winrar compression issue with 7-zip
  • Sorry everyone about that. I'll probably make a 7-zip compression to fix the issue soon.
  • The links are now up again and are working after triple checking!
  • i cant download your game it sends me to a pedometor apk
    Thanked by 1Lightprincess98
  • juanathin said:
    i cant download your game it sends me to a pedometor apk
    I am really being an idiot today.
    Here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-ghZQtsgi9PU6yOhAq8zZD7mVcNvxXmG
  • Please let me know if you're based in CT, JHB or where?
  • Fengol said:
    Please let me know if you're based in CT, JHB or where?
    I'm based in CT
  • I managed to get the latest download up and running :)

Movement felt goood and I liked exploring the little village. I was surprised at how much I could pick up :o
    Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to find any crafting combinations and once my inventory was open I couldn't seem to close it again? (I saw the message about an exit but couldn't seem to find any buttons?).

I really need to start using UE, that water made me so jealous xD
    Are there any basic crafting recipes I should try out? :)
    Thanked by 1Lightprincess98
  • GiGGa said:
    I managed to get the latest download up and running :)

Movement felt goood and I liked exploring the little village. I was surprised at how much I could pick up :o
    Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to find any crafting combinations and once my inventory was open I couldn't seem to close it again? (I saw the message about an exit but couldn't seem to find any buttons?).

I really need to start using UE, that water made me so jealous xD
    Are there any basic crafting recipes I should try out? :)
    Haha, glad you liked it. I definitely added a lot of pick ups and such. Art needs more work. So the exit button is top left of the screen. Its a bit small, with no text. I forgot to add it.

Some combinations I remember, dragging wood on wood, axe on wood, any fruit/veg onto cauldron, ore on cauldron, ore on ore, hay on pitchfork and such. I will try to remember them all and type it out haha, but I am happy you played it <3
    Thanked by 1GiGGa