CT Community Evening - 31 July 2019

edited in Events
This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots
- Designing Third Person Character Systems - Nick
- Visual Storytelling, useful hacks to apply to gamedev -Dorian

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots
- Cave Cards - Francois
- Petal -Ross OR Laughable toy thing (is it the golf thing?) -Danny

Open Demo Floor

The event page on Facebook

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get feedback, please post below!
Thanked by 2francoisvn Ross

Comments

• I have a little prototype I'd be keen to grab a focused feedback slot for. WIP title is currently: Cave Cards
    Thanked by 1damousey
  • I have a little prototype I'd be keen to grab a focused feedback slot for. WIP title is currently: Cave Cards

Kk, penciled in. I'm keen to see where it's going!
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • I'd like to give a talk on designing third person character systems.
    Thanked by 2damousey Ross
  • I'd like to give a talk on designing third person character systems.
    Sounds rad, Thank you. Pencilled in.

• Would anyone be interested in a talk session on "visual storytelling" if I put one together in time?
    Thanked by 2mmillions_ Ross
  • Yes please! Been looking for talks on this for ages.
    Thanked by 1damousey
  • ok, I will do my best!
    Thanked by 2francoisvn Fengol
  • I'd be interested in the visual storytelling talk, Dorian!
    Thanked by 1damousey
  • Hey! If the second feedback slot is still open Id like to show/test a prototype I'm working on. Working Title: Petal.
  • Ross said:
    Hey! If the second feedback slot is still open Id like to show/test a prototype I'm working on. Working Title: Petal.
    Danny said he had a thing to show, but didn't seem sure if it was entirely a good fit. Bring your thing, we'll chat beforehand.
    Thanked by 1Ross
  • FWIW, if we are good with time management an extra focused feedback slot is only 10 minutes, so we could probably do a 3rd without much issue. I also wouldn't be too sad about giving up my slot - I got a lot of useful feedback from another source and haven't actioned it all yet. So yeah, let's chat beforehand tomorrow :)
    Thanked by 1Ross
  • Hey everyone! I'm feeling sick, so going to hide away tonight. I was really excited about both talks and the feedback slots. If there are slides or builds to share post-event, please do! Otherwise Ben will catch me up. Have fun!
  • Hi, email me at info@everysinglesoldier.com, I would like to discuss contracting your services iro a game currently in production.

Thanks

Johan
  • @JohanNagel: did you mean to send that to someone specific? Maybe make a new thread with details if you're looking for contractors?