Art Mash @ May's CT meetup

so, this has been idea bouncing around for a while.

" a meetup session where everyone brings their art"

"I used to be an artist, but now I'm the lead programmer type person and I don't show my art to anyone anymore"

" I draw mazes on graph paper when I'm dealing with a knotty problem"

If you have any thoughts like these real-world statements (or doodles that entirely contradict them!), please contact me about being a part of a miniature show and tell at the May meetup in Cape Town on the 29th. Low pressure, this idea is but a puppy yet.
Thanked by 2watman BenJets

Comments

• Awesome idea! Count me in!
    Thanked by 1damousey
  • edited
    Hey, if this is still open I can talk a bit about Level Design as an extension of my artistic ambitions prior to learning to program (I studied art, not programming, after highschool) (With some images as examples)

Not sure if examples of level design is exactly what's been looked for here?
  • We did end up doing a version of this at June's meetup, it was rad and I'd like to do it again.

Changing the name to Side Quest, because some of the content was not strictly art but the some folk's notebooks is so fascinating.
    Thanked by 1watman
  • Hey, if this is still open I can talk a bit about Level Design as an extension of my artistic ambitions prior to learning to program (I studied art, not programming, after highschool) (With some images as examples)

Not sure if examples of level design is exactly what's been looked for here?
    Evan, would you like to talk or lead a collaborative talk on level design at July's meet up?

For those not in meet/meatspace, I wasn't well for the May meetup and Evan wasn't in town for June's.