[Event] Durban Community Evening - 29 June 2019

edited in Events
Date: 29 June 2019
Time: 14:00pm
Venue: Derivco, which room we'll get that info later.

Few processes have been implemented by Derivco, however.
- Each person will need to sign an NDA to enter the building
- I will need the names of who will be attending, so I can give those to Piven Naik, so he can handle security. Without this, you will not be allowed (It's not me, I promise)

On behalf of @ladyinblack

Comments

• I can get the needing a prior list of names for security but why are people required to sign an NDA to enter the building? What confidential information are they going to be exposed to?
  • @Fengol no idea, man

So far we have four, including myself.
  • edited
    Possible thoughts on agenda?

1. Introductions
    2. Game sessions (The Colony 2174 - Boardgame)
    3. Show off your work in progress games or about to be completed games??
    4. Entelect AI Challenge (Speaker: Ronica Singh)
    5. anyone wants to share anything else??
  • I will try to be there, just need to confirm. When do you need the list of names by?

"I can get the needing a prior list of names for security but why are people required to sign an NDA to enter the building? What confidential information are they going to be exposed to?"

I've worked there so I can confirm that this is normal. It's possible to glean project plans and upcoming products from whiteboards and such if you know the industry. They're fairly strict about that kind of thing.
    Thanked by 2AngryMoose ErrorNaik
  • I'll be there.

@fengol, do we put our details here for you?
    Matt Cavanagh - International spy.

If we have slots to show games can I use one?
    Thanked by 1ladyinblack
  • I will be there: Quinton Delpéche

I would like to run two game sessions of The Colony 2174 (Boardgame) as I have updated the rules and would like to get some feedback before I try to get some printers on board.
  • @quintond I'm very interested to see this boardgame, I've seen others when I went to MGSA CT event last year in November, but never have chance to explore.
  • @ladyinblack - I have two copies of the game, so we can run two 4 player games at the same time. Keen to see what members think. Thanks.
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • edited
    Hi all.
    I am the Derivco person sorting out a venue :)
    Regarding the NDA it is mostly to cover that you don't wander/ takes pictures of any of the office space, I will have these ready for you when you arrive. We will be a meeting room away from the offices so there is little to worry about here.

Date: 29 June 2019
    Time: 14:00pm
    Address: 77 Armstrong Avenue, La Lucia
    Venue: Forest Park 2, Amazon 2

Looks like for agenda we have:
    1. Introductions
    2. Game session (The Colony 2174 - Boardgame)
    3. Game session (@roguecode)
    4. Entelect AI Challenge (Speaker: Ronica Singh)

Lastly, pizza and soft drinks will be covered by my community budget. Please ping me here if you have any specific dietary requirements.
  • edited
    Ok, looks like I can make it, huzzah.

@ErrorNaik @Fengol. Please add me to the list. :)

Gareth Fouche. I might show up as an ex-employee of Derivco. ;)

I can do an informal talk on my experiences with launching on Steam, Humble and direct on my website, how things have changed in the last 3 years etc, if folks like?

System Crash has, eventually, turned a very small profit. So I can discuss how that went. I can even give some hard numbers, now that Valve has relaxed their policy on sharing sales figures.
    Thanked by 1Krummelz
  • I can't stay much past 5 though, so if I do a talk, can we schedule it so that it happens before then, please?

Sorry, gotta get back to help my wife with the baby. :)
    Thanked by 1Macxole
  • I'll be there too !!!
    Thanked by 1ladyinblack
  • Updated agenda we have:
    1. Introductions
    2. Game session (The Colony 2174 - Boardgame)
    3. Game session (@roguecode)
    4. Game session (@garethf)
    5. Entelect AI Challenge (Speaker: Ronica Singh)

I will be PM'in everyone for a real name so that I can let security know.
    Thanked by 2Fengol garethf
  • @ErrorNaik - move my session to after @roguecode and @garethf ... that way there is no pressure for @garethf to be rushed to get home.
    Thanked by 1garethf
  • Would anyone have objections with moving up the time from 2pm to 11am?? Then we don't have to finish up too late.
  • @ladyinblack - I unfortunately have another appointment at 11:30 ... so I will only get there after that. I cannot move my appointment unfortunately.
  • Thanks @quintond.

Yeah, I can't make any time before 1:30pm either, and I need half an hour to drive there. Also because of baby duties. XD

I think just keep it at 2pm, and you folks just stay as long as needed. ;)
  • And from my experience with these things, 2-5pm, 3 hours, is more than enough hey. :)
  • Please take a group pic!
  • Fengol said:
    Please take a group pic!
    Will do.

• edited
    @fengol the event went well. Thanks to everyone who attended.

@ErrorNaik - Thanks to you and Derivco for hosting us.

@ladyinblack - Thanks for the presentation on the Entelect AI Challenge and the Game Jam.

@roguecode - Thanks for the demo of your new game, it is looking very cool.

@garethf - Thanks for the chat about System Crash and sharing your story with us.

The next event is scheduled at the same location for Saturday 24th August from 13:00. We will work on the Agenda closer to the time but hopefully more people will bring some demos with them. I will take my laptop with to assist with the demos. I am hoping to have an early release of Hyper Drift by then.

If anybody wants to present something, then get in touch.

Thanks again to everyone who came through.
    IMG_20190629_171525.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 2M