[Event] Cape Town Meetup - 27 February

edited in Events

This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots
- TBD (this could be you!)
- TBD (this could be you!)

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots
- Mystery game by Kirsty and Rohun
- Another mystery game by @Sparrow

Open Demo Floor

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/641013149691072/

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get feedback, please post below!

Comments

• @francoisvn Can me and Rohun take one focused feedback slot please?
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • Hey guys, I'm new to this group but I've been making android games for a while (among other things). I have something interesting to show you guys if I could present it? Should I describe what it's about?

Kind Regards

Dale
    Thanked by 1francoisvn
  • edited
    @kirsty_lee0: Sounds good :)

@Sparrow: I only have 2 questions: 1) Is it a game you want to show? 2) Are you looking for constructive feedback on how to improve it? If the answer to both those questions is yes, then it would be very welcome! :) If you're unsure, or just wanna suss out the meetup a bit, you're of course very welcome!
  • Would anyone like to give a quick talk? We're just finishing off production on the desktop version of Jetstream, so while I don't have time to give a proper prepared talk, I'd be happy to chat a bit about that (assuming there is interest).

Alternatively, if we have more games to show and give feedback on, that would be swell!