[Event] Cape Town Meetup - 31 October

edited in Events

This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots
- TBD (this could be you!)

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots

Open Demo Floor

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/172997746961277/

If you'd like to give a talk or show something to get feedback, please post below!

Comments

• Time for the next meetup! There was some talk about dressing up for Halloween. That sounds like fun, see you there in your outfits! And also see you there if you don't dress up ;)

Assuming there is space (I'll give a chance for other to pipe up), I'd be keen to give a prep talk: "Acorns to Foxes: Breaking Assumptions About Indie Game Dev"
  • @franscoisvn Could you please bring up the topic of GGJ and the hosting in Cape Town. Since I was the person who ran and organised it in Cape Town for the past two years, and unfortunately won't be there for the next one, perhaps someone would be keen to volunteer to take this on? I'm sure Vega would be happy to host again, though this is something to be discussed with whoever is part of their team down there.
  • edited
    @dammit: sure, will do! By when does this need to be organised? And broadly what needs to happen, just a venue and screening the opening keynote?

The November meetup falls right inside Africa Games Week, so let's discuss at the meetup if we intend to host a normal meetup, or maybe do something a bit different, or what. Pls come with thoughts & ideas :)

There's still space on the agenda, so if you have a game you'd like to get some feedback on, or would like to give a talk: don't hesitate to speak up!
  • @franscoisvn Yep, venue and screening and managing of the event through the weekend. How you want to run it and where is up to the organiser, but there are some communication requirements (ie: you'd have to join the slack and also make sure the participants upload their games in time and adhere to the rules etc)
  • Due to work commitments I won't be able to attend tonight. I hope it goes well!