Nine Noir Lives Game Trailer released!

Hey guys, our game trailer has been released!

Check it out below
https://youtu.be/nM5Ca3mqlcQ

Below a quick synopsis of the game :)

Stretch your legs, clean your whiskers, and dive into “Nine Noir Lives”. Enjoy a classic point-and-click adventure game, full of humour, crazy characters, and intriguing locations. Solve challenging puzzles and answer the immortal question: how many things need to be licked to solve a murder in this town?

Comments

• A point and lick adventure game :) fun concept... those backgrounds look great!
    Thanked by 1WilliamHK
  • Love the emphasis of the lick mechanic in the trailer... it left me wondering what the possibilities would be in a classic point-and-click game with "lick" as a main verb.
  • Hey guys, thanks for the comments

Love the emphasis of the lick mechanic in the trailer... it left me wondering what the possibilities would be in a classic point-and-click game with "lick" as a main verb.

That's exactly it. We have so much fun with the dialogue with this as a verb. Opens up a lot of options :D.

Gibbo said:
    A point and lick adventure game :) fun concept... those backgrounds look great!
    This is brilliant! It's going into the marketing. Point and lick! lol

Thanked by 1Gibbo
  • This was funny! I'm not the biggest fan of point and click but that trailer got me intrigued. Nicely done.
    Thanked by 1WilliamHK
  • I can't believe that you guys didn't lead the marketing with "a point and lick adventure" :3

It looks great! All the best with the future of Kittyton! (not a real place)
    Thanked by 1WilliamHK
  • That looks very cute, and I like the word play.

If I had to nitpick about anything, it'd be about the narrator's voice. I'm not an expert on this stuff, but it sounded like a "cheap" recording (I don't know if it's audio quality? some kind of environmental/ambient feeling in the recording?), and sounded to me like someone trying to fake an old American accent. I imagine that the US -- one of the bigger markets for selling games -- might be put off by listening to an accent that's inauthentic in the same sort of way that South Africans often criticize actors for their depiction of South African accents.
  • That looks very cute, and I like the word play.

If I had to nitpick about anything, it'd be about the narrator's voice. I'm not an expert on this stuff, but it sounded like a "cheap" recording (I don't know if it's audio quality? some kind of environmental/ambient feeling in the recording?), and sounded to me like someone trying to fake an old American accent. I imagine that the US -- one of the bigger markets for selling games -- might be put off by listening to an accent that's inauthentic in the same sort of way that South Africans often criticize actors for their depiction of South African accents.
    Thanks for the feedback Elyaradine, I'll keep that in mind for future projects! :)