Good Bye World

edited in General
Good Bye World
Thanked by 1pieter

Comments

• edited
    If you have some money and are using unity, I can recommend getting rewired from the asset store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/rewired-21676

It's one of a few purchases I don't regret and probably won't any time soon.
    Thanked by 1Elyaradine
  • For VALA we used InControl, and it worked great. I believe we started on the open source version and later moved to the asset store paid version to get the latest mappings and support.

Unity should have these directly in the engine IMO, or at least have a package that does it.
    Thanked by 2Denzil SUGBOERIE
  • edited
    I always put my own code in DLLs
    Can you explain why? :/ I struggle to see the benefit in general.
  • Thanks. That personally seems like not a lot of benefit for the hassle to me, but to each their own I guess! :P
  • +1 InControl. It's made by a South African Expat.
  • I would advocate for rewired - complicated API but does the job very well based on experience porting a large game across several platforms. Unity has made sounds that they will overhaul their input manager based on leanings from asset store input managers, but that will be on "Unity" timescales :D

I also won't prescribe what any one should do, you need to make your own decisions. If you don't have money you don't have money! But what @roguecode said about open source version of InControl sounds to me like a good tree to bark up.

Also, these days unity also has the ability to define your dll layouts for drop in scripts. Again, sounds to me like a good compromise if you're blocked from using 3rd party solutions to solved problems ;)