[Event] CT Meetup - 30th May

edited in Events
Anyone may contribute to this free monthly event - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Last Wednesday of the month ( May 30th)

Where: Bandwidth Barn - 68 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town, 7925

If you have a demo you want to be played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks - 2 x 20 min slots:
-10 things every game needs, Part 1
-

Focused Feedback - 2 x 10 min slots
-
-

Open Demo Floor
The event page on FB- https://www.facebook.com/events/194573947834733/
Thanked by 1The_Sired_Ward

Comments

• If anyone is interested I would like to present a discussion called 10 Things every game needs. I've presented the same discussion in the past in Jhb, and it was a lot of fun. I split it into 2 parts though, so it would be 1-5 this month and then 6-10 next month. Let me know if anyone is interested. :)
  • If anyone is interested I would like to present a discussion called 10 Things every game needs. I've presented the same discussion in the past in Jhb, and it was a lot of fun. I split it into 2 parts though, so it would be 1-5 this month and then 6-10 next month. Let me know if anyone is interested. :)
    Sounds like an excellent idea, I for one would be keen.

• Id love to attend, and 10 Things sounds cool!
  • Awesome Sauce!
  • If people aren't tired of hearing from me, I've got an artsy/tech-artsy talk about Colour.

It skips right past the colour wheel (because that's where most talks about colour go, and you can look that stuff up easily) and talks colour in the "real" world, colour for fx, colour in Photoshop, colour in shaders, in compression, and other handy things that have blown my mind in the past.
  • @Elyaradine, I'd love to hear that. Pencilling you in for the slot.

Anyone have prototypes or other game projects that they're looking for feedback on?
  • @damousey, just checking on the equipment...should I bring stuff on a flashdrive or can I hook my own laptop?
  • @Rigormortis: From what I remember, the projector takes vga and hdmi.
    Thanked by 1Rigormortis
  • Yeah, the projector has an HDMI and VGA connector. If you have your own laptop that's preferable, but I'll also have my laptop if you just have slides or something easy (I am weird and run Linux, so plan accordingly).
    Thanked by 1Rigormortis
  • Hopefully attending today, excited!