Goethe Soccer Jam [Joburg / 8 June / R15,000 cash prizes]

Hey all!
The Goethe-Institut is inviting game developers to participate in a game jam at the Goethe-Institut in Johannesburg. This will take place over the weekend of 8 - 10 June 2018. The purpose of the game jam is to help game developers connect, and to generate soccer-themed video games to showcase in the Gamebox, during the upcoming Soccer World Cup in Russia.
(To clarify, the games aren't going to Russia, they're to be showcased here in Joburg's Goethe Institute)

• Registration deadline is June 1
• Free to enter
• Meals provided
• Goethe Joburg is around Rosebank
• Form your teams (between 1 to 5) before the jam
• No remote entries, sorry
• Cash prizes will be given to the top 3 entries judged by an independent panel (I dunno who yet)
• A prize-giving will take place at the same venue on the 16th

REGISTER and WAY MORE DETAILS HERE:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc84roW8SWCC4CjNufa3JB7wF2KQ6HSJSZcYePDkbkR6x1JQA/viewform?fbzx=-6697071929462517000

Shout if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them or find out answers :)

Comments

• I'd be keen to help anyone with music on this if they need!
  • Thanks for spreading the word, Steven—you guys are welcome to point questions about the event in my direction.
  • What happened with this, who won, are the games available somewhere for playing?
  • edited
    I don't know who to talk to about playing them, but this was announced a little while ago:
  • Dang dawg your screenshot of facebook is hiiiiigh res :)
  • Oh, lol. 4K monitors. (It wasn't worth it.)
  • Sorry man, been busy. Thanks Elyaradine for showing the post. The event was for the launch of Goethe-Institut's Gamebox which is a walk-in showcase of games that will put independent developers' games on show continually. They'll be getting in touch with devs about showcasing their games in the near future. The games from the jam will be available to play for free on site, at the Goethe-Institute in Rosebank.