Jean's Sketchbook ver2.123a -

edited in General
Staring a new thread here seeing as dropbox messed up how photos work.

portfolio here is anyone wants to check: https://www.artstation.com/jeanroux

Since the last sketchbook posting I've been working with those handsome devs from Nyamakop on Semblance. Did the design, actual assets and dressing of the levels in Unity. Also did some animations for them, will post some gifs when I can.

Some concepts for discarded ideas:

And some actual "sketchbbok" stuff, rough spaceship done in 3D coat and painted over in PS. Getting use to a 3D - 2D workflow

Comments

• @kidult is a magical human who can do anything you need pretty much.

If you're looking for an amazing art generalist, can definitely recommend them! <3

His jokes are okay too.
    Thanked by 2kidult NickCuthbert
  • (All of the images appear to be missing to me. >_<)
    Thanked by 1critic
  • @kidult is a magical human who can do anything you need pretty much.

If you're looking for an amazing art generalist, can definitely recommend them! <3

His jokes are okay too.
    Yeah that's actually on my c.v. joking abilities - okay
  • (All of the images appear to be missing to me. >_<)
    dammit Google why you fail me so bad? Images appear on my machine so thought google was hot linking them properly..oops

For interest sake if anyone is using dropbox, if you replace the www with dl. it will hotlink images for you

• Trying some low poly work with 3D coat. Not sure if its the best way to go about it as you have to sculpt then retopo. Was using XSI for my 3D stuff but now that its been tanked I wasn't sure if eventually it would be too redundant. I bought a learned square course on 2D/3D concept that uses 3D coat so just giving it a go. Bit hard to get the mindset right for voxel use and getting the tools to work. Guess it may be time to learn Blender.

Thanked by 2garethf critic
  • Some game mockup and concepts for a pitch: