At Free Lives: Deceit 16 hour jam (2 X 8 hours on the 12th and 13th of May)

Free Lives is holding a game jam on the 12th and 13th of May at our offices. This is a jam for fun and learning.

What is the theme?

The theme for this jam is: Lies and Deceit

"We're looking for games that explore lies and deceit; the game designer as a mis-leader, the player as an impostor or the game-world as an illusion."

This theme is lifted directly off of the theme for an ongoing Print Screen Festival submission guideline.

How does an 2 X 8 hour jam work?

The basic idea is that we all get together and spend 8 hours making a small game that explores a theme. After the 8 hours are up, we eat pizza/salad and have a very short presentation session where everyone shows what they managed to get done and talks about what they learned.

We then do this again the following day, with a slightly longer presentation session (longer because there'll be more to talk about at that point when we're finished).

Joining up with others is encouraged, especially if you can help someone less experienced than yourself, but working alone is fine too.

If you can't make it, but want to do this remotely, then we can Skype in at the presentations and if you've sent us a link to what you've made we will try to check it out and give you feedback/compliments.

We want everyone to arrive at Free Lives at 11, discuss ideas, start jamming at 12, at some point eat lunch, and end at 8pm with pizza/salad and presentations. We'll do this on both the 12th and 13th (Saturday and Sunday)

Please PM if you haven't been to Free Lives before. I can send you some instructions to get there.

This is also a little bit first-come-first-serve for those who want to physically attend. I expect we'll have space for everyone who wants to do something as out-there as make games on their weekend, but if not I may have to turn some people away.

There will be a sauna at some point, but you are by no means expected to sauna (but if you enjoy sauna's, bring a costume and towel).

We'll provide the internet, electricity, tables and coffee/pizza/salad. You bring your equipment and creativity.

Comments