[Event] Johannesburg Community Evening - 13 March 2018

edited in Events
This event happens monthly, is free to attend and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment in the thread below to let us know!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Tuesday 13 March
Where: Microsoft Campus Bryanston, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg. Auditorium 3

Content
- 6:30 - 7:00 Grab food elsewhere + bonding time
- Introductions
- Community News (5 min)

==

- @mattbenic - What employers look for in a dev. (Actual title TBA)

- @Karuji - 5 quick Unity tips. (15 min)

===
- @Ragz - Demo(10 min)

- @Roxiz - New Retro (10 min)
===
- Playtest Pitchathon (if you're playtesting a game, we ask that you give a 30 second pitch to the room about what the game is, before we all break off and play things).

Bring your games and set them up inside the auditorium before and after the meetup!

Board game prototypes can and will be played so bring along your prototypes!

If you intend to attend, please indicate so on the Facebook event (Not mandatory, so don't worry if you don't have/use Facebook)

===

If you are interested in giving a talk or demo for a meetup, drop a reply in the thread with what you'd like to do or send me a PM :)
Thanked by 1Tuism

Comments

• I didn't confirm for that talk for this month O_O Will have to see if we can find someone on the art side still
  • Hi everyone!

I'm new to the online community, but have been somewhat involved with Make Games SA for the past two years.

I'd love the opportunity to showcase one of my recent games at the monthly meetup. It would be great to see how a broader scope of people react to it, and to hear what they think about the concept.

Would it be possible for me to use one of the empty slots that are still available?
  • Greetings Everybody.

If possible, I'd really like to seize the opportunity to showcase my game New Retro at this month's meetup. I would really like to get some constructive criticism with regards to the game.

Are there any more empty slots at this point in time, and if so could i possibly occupy one of them in order to showcase my game?
    new retro promo.png
    1559 x 877 - 2M
  • Definitely bring your game, the two demo slots are open and even if not the playtest is open floor anyway
  • edited
    @Ragz and @Roxiz demo slots are yours, looking forward to what you are showing ^__^

---

Hope no one minds that I'm grabbing the last talk slot to talk about so Unity stuff :)

Edit: also woot full line-up!

• Hey Guys, you can Download the Game "New Retro" from Here
    https://gearpunk-games.itch.io/newretro