Pro Indie Dev Online Conference

edited in Events
http://www.proindiedev.com/

1st Online Global Conference on PROFESSIONAL Indie Game Development

Hack your indiedev skills. Join a full week of talks packed with insightful, actionable advice from the pros, and make your indiedev work into a solid, rewarding career.

100% FREE online event. Write your email below to reserve your spot and receive the program.

Save the date for February, 26th, and finally transform your life for the better! :)

p.s. I am not affiliated to this organisation, just sharing some stuff that you may or may not be aware of.
Thanked by 1roguecode

Comments

• Quite a line up
    IndieDev.JPG
    1023 x 1138 - 203K
  • Is this the thing twitter went mad about?
  • I think it may be, although the tweets I saw were saying it wasn't diverse, but from the pic I posted above it does seem somewhat diverse.
  • The lineup has changed significantly recently. It was literally 100% white men a week ago
    Thanked by 1AngryMoose
  • edited
    Yeah this was the line-up when it blew up on twitter:

DWYcyQRVMAEmmkg.jpg
    1020 x 1200 - 191K
  • edited
    So the schedule is up: http://proindiedev.com/schedule

All times are in PST, South Africa is 10 hours ahead of Pacific Time.

Because of the time differences, I did do a supporters package which means I get access to all the talks after the event is finished. So maybe we can schedule something for all those that are interested for specific talks they may have wanted to see and missed.
  • Did Mike Rose leave because of the twitter storm? His talk looked useful to me.

Though Tanya's talk also seems useful to me, and that's one of the new ones we got.
  • So it starts 9pm for us?
  • Did Mike Rose leave because of the twitter storm? His talk looked useful to me.

Though Tanya's talk also seems useful to me, and that's one of the new ones we got.
    I think he left when he saw the lineup and it was basically just white males, and from the look of things, was an "unforced" decision. He followed up his Tweet saying he wasnt going to do the talk with an invitation to under-represented folk to contact him if they wanted to take his place.

While I like him leaving to make room for diversity, I did kinda want to hear his talk :P
  • Tuism said:
    So it starts 9pm for us?
    Pretty much ... yeah.
  • Yeah this was the line-up when it blew up on twitter:

ROFL.

Also, can we all please remember this when we do things like set up committees, panel discussions etc etc. I know I was particularly upset that although we mostly approached women to judge at GGJ, we mostly got responses from men. And our blanket judging team ended up being all white (though we did have 50% women). We can all do better!

(PS: Still grateful to those who did judge and who do volunteer their time! Also, you can volunteer your time to help someone else prepare a talk instead of preparing a talk yourself)

• edited
    dammit said:

Also, can we all please remember this when we do things like set up committees, panel discussions etc etc. I know I was particularly upset that although we mostly approached women to judge at GGJ, we mostly got responses from men. And our blanket judging team ended up being all white (though we did have 50% women). We can all do better!

(PS: Still grateful to those who did judge and who do volunteer their time! Also, you can volunteer your time to help someone else prepare a talk instead of preparing a talk yourself)
    I don't want to start an argument here and it's obvious that there was not equal representation in this example, but is it not correct for a panel or committee to be representative of the members it is representing?
  • @critic That is true - I think everyone's first goal is to reach just representative depictions and appointments. We're not even close to there yet :). As this is an online "GLOBAL" conference the members being targeted/need representing is a worldwide audience - so even the new line-up isn't representative of that. If you're not talking about this specific example, then I think perhaps split into a new thread, rather :).

Although, you could also argue the Justice Ginsburg argument, and say, why stop there. We've had all white male panels for ages, what's wrong with an all female supreme court etc.
    Thanked by 1critic