Stone Hunter ship concept design for Escape from Mill Station game project.

edited in Projects
Going to model in Blender and import into Unreal 4 :-)
More information on the Stone Hunters here: http://worldofclouds.com/triangletradersguide.html

Thanked by 1critic

Comments

• edited
    Just to give it a sense of scale.

• edited
    If that's the scale of a man, then those birds are HUGE! :)

I'm curious about the anime themes creeping in here. Up till now the project appeared pretty early 20th century. Though I think the collision of World War 1 and Robotech is interesting.
  • If that's the scale of a man, then those birds are HUGE! :)

I'm curious about the anime themes creeping in here. Up till now the project appeared pretty early 20th century. Though I think the collision of World War 1 and Robotech is interesting.
    Hi yeah you are right about the birds they need to be a lot smaller. :-)
    Not sure where you see anime themes. That I didn't have in mind.
    Its WW2 not 1 :-)
    The Catalina PBY plane was built in the mid 30ties and used for sea rescue operations and patrols during
    WW2. PBY actually stands for Patrol Boat. The Y stands for the unit that made the specific model.

I tried to give the impression of a steam locomotive. A huge one of course. Its basically a flying machine built by beings who are not very good or who are not modern engineers and who are evil and dangerous of course :-)
    Something that is "banged together" like most war machines were in the early days.

• etiennea said:

Hi yeah you are right about the birds they need to be a lot smaller. :-)
    Not sure where you see anime themes. That I didn't have in mind.
    Its WW2 not 1 :-)
    The Catalina PBY plane was built in the mid 30ties and used for sea rescue operations and patrols during
    WW2. PBY actually stands for Patrol Boat. The Y stands for the unit that made the specific model.

I tried to give the impression of a steam locomotive. A huge one of course. Its basically a flying machine built by beings who are not very good or who are not modern engineers and who are evil and dangerous of course :-)
    Something that is "banged together" like most war machines were in the early days.

Made the birds smaller :-)

Made the birds smaller :-)

• Here is a "block version" of these ships in a roughed out 3D version and in motion with world in background.