[SA Game Jam 2017] Parts Of Me

- Jam name (SA Game Jam 2017)
- Parts Of Me
- Lecturer
- 48 Hours

Description:
When I heard collection I asked my self whats my largest collection and the answer was VIDEO GAMES ! so many video games.
The game is a Random dungeon generator with themed rooms and monsters, find the Cartridge to escape !

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jEqyyXX8BFMGJHSmthWWJtdnM/view?usp=sharing

ENJOY

Comments

• I really like how this is a homage to video games its got some nice touches, overall its quite pretty and plays real smooth! I also like the infinite ammo bouncing shots. The texture on the pac-man areas can get a little overwhelming and the enemy AI can be a little unrelenting (although I'm sure this is part of the challenge) :P
    Well done!
    Thanked by 1sumisukyo
  • Love that pacman is reimagined here as a first person shooter. I'm not sure I love that it jumps to other games, I think doing one of those games with a bit more depth would have been rad.

It plays nicely though. Are you thinking of doing anything more with it?
  • edited
    Love that pacman is reimagined here as a first person shooter. I'm not sure I love that it jumps to other games, I think doing one of those games with a bit more depth would have been rad.

It plays nicely though. Are you thinking of doing anything more with it?

I plan take the mechanics and further them, Add boss fights and other weapons to add variety.
    So a level would end with a 3D bowser fight or Donkey Kong.
    And weapon upgrades from the games could be things like mario's fire or jump attack ect.
    Just adding more games would be really fun :)

Rooms need more variety and some need fixing as you can get stuck.
    I had alot planned but because I didn't get my act together and form a team the random level generation cost me the most time.

Neat little thing is the name you spawn with changes each time :)