Feedback please!

Hey guys and gals!

Please take a few minutes to help me out here :D so I'm struggling to decide on a lighting setup for my afternoon scene. Basically I have a few options and I would love to know what you guys think works best. I'm leaning more towards to ones that are more fog intensive as it matches the mood of what I'm trying to go for, but I don't want it to be overkill and take away from the overall scene either. Your feedback and thoughts would be super appreciated.

Ps. Keep in mind I will be doing a few tenders from different angles, some will be closer to the tunnel and path way so that will be seen clearer in those renders

Comments

• Personally I prefer the second one (23.19.18.14) The sunshafts look a bit out of place without the fog.
    Thanked by 1cello
  • Agreed, second one looks the nicest.
    Thanked by 1cello
  • Awesome, that's the one I was leaning towards as well, thanks for your input guys :)
  • Yeah, No.2 looks great. Quite like No.1 as well though, with the fog pushed off a bit further.
    Thanked by 1cello
  • edited
    I seem to prefer 5dc42f0b9b0784f65699b66dd53815.png (first one), mostly because of the contrast it produces on tree branches and the sky.
    Thanked by 1cello
  • shucks those are cool. weldone
    Thanked by 1cello
  • Thanks so much for taking the time to give your thoughts guys :) im torn between the first one and the second one haha
  • I'm a fan of the 2nd and 3rd ones. I really like the thick atmosphere in the second one (23.19.18.14), though I think that the third one has more of a crisp forest day feel about it (23.17.36.13).

The only reason why I'm not completely leaning towards the 2nd one is that it feels the most effects heavy, and if the whole game has that amount of atmosphere it might seem a bit forced (like there is always a fire burning somewhere off screen but the player never sees it).
    Thanked by 1cello
  • Thanks @evan that's really good feedback, the whole thing of the player never seeing the fire makes total sense. Really really good point man :) I will post a follow up post soon with updated scene and lighting :)

• edited
    I like 1 and 3. Though in 1 the sky looks a bit overcast and I wouldn't expect to see sun rays. Of course you do especially get sun rays when its overcast, but normally you'd see those through the break in the clouds, where these look more like they are formed by the trees and dust - and I'd expect the sky to look bright above the trees - and 3 is the only one of those 4 that makes sense to me in this regard.
    Thanked by 1cello