[Event] July: Board Game Jam CPT

edited in Events
Following on from the success of the last Board Game Jam in March as well as the various upcoming events to showcase board games, as well as my general enthusiasm for these things, I've decided to plan and organise another jam.

As with the last one, this will be a 8 hour game jam (10am to 6pm) where people can make board games together on a theme or work on something they've already been tinkering with. The aim is to have a lot of people in the same room to help us all create cool things.

If you're interested, join the FB event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/110705772862095/

(Joining the event lets me guage interest and also communicate date or detail changes, so please do so).

Comments

• A reminder to please join the FB event if you're interested in attending.

The date is looking likely to be the 23rd of July.
  • edited
    Hey @dammit, we're keen to host this at Bandwidth Barn. If you're interested, give me a shout (you have my email address right?).

EDIT: I realise now that my handle masks my true identity - it's Adoné :)
    Thanked by 2creative630 dammit
  • @mmillions_

Thanks! I think I have a venue sorted...need to confirm...but if that dies I will give you a shout :)
  • Vega have confirmed the venue for us.
  • For those not on FB: this event has been cancelled.
  • For those not on FB: this event has been cancelled.
    :( it's true. I got myself swamped in work.

If anyone else has the time to organise, let me know and I'll hand over all the details etc. I'll even tell you the theme!

• Okay, so there are some options for another jam. Please go vote on the fb page.

It comes down to having one on the public holiday, the 9th of August or having one at Dragonfire at the end of August.
  • I've had a request that this event happens in JHB as well. @Bensonance and @Tuism - would you like to/be interested in coordinating an effort? Or any other volunteers? I think Vega JHB would host.
  • edited
    I can look into it if the date/time fits, uh, so there's no finality on the dates yet?

No promises from me right now, I'm a bit swamped with work and preparation for that other thing coming up too...
  • There was a poll on the FB forum and it's a pretty close tie between 9 and 26 August but I'm actually looking to hand over on planning for the event. I haven't arranged a venue for the 9th but UCT CLAWS Society would be able to help with a venue for the 26th. Anyone want to organise?
  • @DangerMcJane has organised a reschedule for the 9th. See you there!