[Event] Johannesburg Community Evening - 11 April 2017

edited in Events
This event happens monthly, is free to attend and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment in the thread below to let us know!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Tuesday 11 April
Where: Microsoft Campus Bryanston, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg. Auditorium 2

Content
- 6:30 - 7:00 Grab food elsewhere + bonding time
- Community News (5 min)

===
- Writing for Games - Andrea Hayes (15 min)

- @Bensonance and @SUGBOERIE - a game dev roadtrip retrospective (15 min)

===
- @Karuji - Phase Edge Bosses (10 min)

- @Tuism - Daydream Chromecast VR Spaceship (10 min)

===
- Playtest Pitchathon (if you're playtesting a game, we ask that you give a 30 second pitch to the room about what the game is, before we all break off and play things).

Bring your games and set them up inside the auditorium before and after the meetup!

Board game prototypes can and will be played so bring along your prototypes!

If you intend to attend, please indicate so on the Facebook event (Not mandatory, so don't worry if you don't have/use Facebook)

Comments

• If anyone's interested. We, Nyamakop (@Bensonance and I) could give a recap of what we got up to during our month long trip in the US. Train Jam > GDC > PAX East. From a business and marketing angle.
    Thanked by 3critic Tuism mattbenic
  • I'm not as far as I wanted to be yet, because life, and politics, and and and... But I can show off my Daydream VR spaceship thing with a Chromecast, that'd be pretty fun for a bit :)
    Thanked by 2critic mattbenic
  • @SUGBOERIE :3

@Tuism :D

Looks like it's going to be a really interesting meetup, looking forward to it! ^_^
  • I will be sitting in on the one for next Month! Graham Here . Indy Game Developer in Randburg, Working on a FPS thriller and should have a demo level ready in a month or 2.
    Thanked by 1mattbenic
  • Is it possible for anyone to record the talks and make them available for those who miss the meet-ups? This weeks talks look very interesting & much to my disdain I will not be able to attend this week
    Thanked by 1TheCorinthian